• Register Today It's free!

Touch Screen - FUSE BOX.

nj2nh

Reaction score
City, State
NJ
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 Limited
Can someone please help me out with this. My touch screen has gone blank. I am told to simply open the fuse box, remove the #29 fuse, wait and put it back in. I can't open the fuse box.

I have a brand spanking new 2011 Ford Explorer Limited. I am beyond frustrated and beginning to wish I had done a little more homework before replacing my beloved 2001 Explorer.

nj2nh

P.S. Please take pity on me. I am away on vacation, 300 miles from home, no dealer for 100 miles and my husband is home in Jersey.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Can someone please help me out with this. My touch screen has gone blank. I am told to simply open the fuse box, remove the #29 fuse, wait and put it back in. I can't open the fuse box.

I have a brand spanking new 2011 Ford Explorer Limited. I am beyond frustrated and beginning to wish I had done a little more homework before replacing my beloved 2001 Explorer.

nj2nh

P.S. Please take pity on me. I am away on vacation, 300 miles from home, no dealer for 100 miles and my husband is home in Jersey.

The fuse box is located above and to the left of the parking brake. The cover should just pop off. Fuse 29 is located on the very left (the back of the fuse cover should have a tweezer and a diagram.

Good luck.

The other solution is to unhook the battery cable. If you can get a wrench that might be easier if you are having fuse pull problems.

-J

If your Touch Screen blanks out don't bother trying go find the fuse box (hard) or pull to cover and then the number 29 fuse (unless you are 2 ft tall this could be impossible). Simpley open you hood, disconnect your black battery cable, wait 10 minutes and reconnect it. This will force you Sync to reboot and your screen should be back to normal.

Holy thread revival Batman...

If your Touch Screen blanks out don't bother trying go find the fuse box (hard) or pull to cover and then the number 29 fuse (unless you are 2 ft tall this could be impossible). Simpley open you hood, disconnect your black battery cable, wait 10 minutes and reconnect it. This will force you Sync to reboot and your screen should be back to normal.
Disconnecting the battery also means that your transmission has to 'relearn' your driving habits.
Welcome aboard Dick Gross.:wavey:

Peter

Back