High Output Alternator Recommendations | Page 5 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

High Output Alternator Recommendations

I got that gist. BTW, does anyone change the glass at those levels for safety?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I got that gist. BTW, does anyone change the glass at those levels for safety?

Not typically. Some people, whether it be because of the level of sound their at or the design of the vehicle, will launch windshields though. Most choose to keep glass because for most competition orginizations you're bumped up in class for using lexan or somthing like that

I have a 3G swapped onto my Mark VII, in place of the old 1G 100amp unit. I expect to later convert to an Explorer front dress, and use the easy to get 4G to use.

not sure what your looking for in regards to your Mark VII, but check out PA Performance, they have a 130 amp and 200 amp kit for your car that has a lifetime warranty. I had one on my MArk VII and when it went bad all i had to do was pay for shipping and they repaired it and returned it to me. I have one on my mustang now that has been working for 4 yrs with no problems, and it came off a friends car that got totaled and have no idea how long he had it on his LX

This is a great thread, so I thought I would revive it...

Does anyone know anything about these guys?
http://www.qualitypowerauto.com/catalog.php?item=563

I wrote to Mechman, DC Power, Excesive, and Mr Alternator, but they've been the only ones that have answered. So far very good customer service...

Just a little bit of info. I have an Iraqi alt in my 1991 Corrado, I believe the 220A IIRC. It has helpedge not chew throw a main battery as quickly. Ate a megatron in 3 years and a red top in 5 years with the stock bosch 90a.
Threw in a yellow top, till the bosch 90a spun the pully. 2 years later. Same cost for the 220A as a oem bosch 90a. No brained their. Ran the Iraggi alt for 5 more years, tull car went down into project status.
The only issue is I have auto start in the car and with the Iraggi alt. there seems to not be enough excite current goING to the field to kick on the alt. I have to bump idle revs to about 1000 to 1200 rpm to get the alt to output current.
I.E. Idie current is low.

Update on Iraggi:

The ebay store that was linked is no longer available. Iraggi can be found and [link]https://www.iraggialternator.com[/link]. They include a limited lifetime warranty. Looks like they have a limited stock, but they can possibly make products as needed. I emailed them today to find out the price tag for an alternator for my 2010 Explorer. I will update when I receive a response.

Back