• Register Today It's free!

I forgot my firing order!

burtonbrd138

Reaction score
City, State
Massachusetts
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 Explorer XLS
I have a 2000 with the 4.0L OHV. I used to know my firing order and now i need it because i think my plug wires are set up wrong. Is this it?

Rear of Car
1 4
2 5
3 6
Front

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I couldn't find explicityly listed 2000, but here is it for a 1999..

0900c1528018eb61.gif

~Mark

oh man that is good but i cant really tell what is going on in view c. Do you know the 99 if it is written out like i had it?

oh man that is good but i cant really tell what is going on in view c. Do you know the 99 if it is written out like i had it?
3 4
2 6
1 5

that's what goes where on the coil when looking from the front.

cylinders on the engine are numbered
3 6
2 5
1 4

~Mark
Posted via Mobile Device

so if i have a cylinder missfire i should switch out the plug that is on the drivers side closest to the front of the vehicle? And i connect 1 from the coilpack with 1 in the engine and so on and so on?

The way I posted the numbers above is from the vantage point of you standing in front of the truck...

Match the numbers...

For example.. The back right connector on the coil pack goes to the front right spot on the engine...

Also, it should be listed on the emisions sticker under the hood.. but from what I can tell, the firing order for the 4.0ohv was the same for all years.. 1991-2000

~Mark

ok thanks, that is what i thought but i just wanted to make sure.

Back