Remote locking system.

Icuff4cash

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Las vegas
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 aerostar awd
Today I received my remote locking system for the pug shuttle. Only $11.99 free shipping from eBay took 4 days to receive from cal. It came with 2 key fob remotes with 3 buttons and a learning control unit. It came with more options then I wanted I just going to wire it to open the power door locks. This is the extra options you can program this for. Alarm,flasher lights,power trunk opener,window up,lock unlock doors and if you have an air system on your van bags,or air locks it will also handle it. And came with an armed led light to mount on your dash
My question looking at my door lock it's 3 wire 1 black 1 pink lock up 1 pink lock down. I taped the black wire and it was hot. How can that be black is ground right. Shouldn't the pink on the switch be hot and black common ground. When I taped the black with a scotch lock my pig tail touched the door and sparked so I caped it with a wire nut. Time to regroup. Any ideas

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

So does this mean black is the common hot and pink is ground. Because the unit gives me orange open
Yellow close
Orange/black negative
Yellow/black Negative
Pink up
Pink down

This schematic of the power door lock wiring was in my Ford software:

Attachments

• 1994 Ford Aerostar power door lock schematic..JPG
    1994 Ford Aerostar power door lock schematic..JPG
    73.4 KB · Views: 521

Thanks I feel like an ass I have a factory service dvd and never thought of looking there. The factory color code I'd black and pink. Black was common only 1 wire entering the back switch and 2 pinks 1 on unlock 1 on lock. So then is black the dual power supply and pink the negative to pass current to the lock.
My remote says orange unlock yellow lock +. And orange black yellow black -. So I'm guessing both + go to black and both - go to pink ?

Thanks I'm getting 12.8 volts from my black lead. I stopped working on the aero pug shuttle. I'm going for my treatments early and I get scramble egg brain for the next 2 days.

Today I finished my locking remote system. Been down this week so I finished it yesterday. Was it easy hell no finding and routes to run wires is a pain in ass for a rookie. Door space was tight for wires the harness takes up a lot of space and those rubber pass threw tubes don't like to be pulled on. It's definitely a 2 man job one to run the wires and one as a helper and dismantle person. It's hard checking stuff as 1 person. But foe $11.99 I got 2 remotes and all the goodies. I see why shops charge $250.00 it's a 8 hour job if your a pro,not counting mounting the poppers. All I did was tap into the door switch.

Today I received my remote locking system for the pug shuttle. Only $11.99 free shipping from eBay took 4 days to receive from cal. It came with 2 key fob remotes with 3 buttons and a learning control unit. It came with more options then I wanted I just going to wire it to open the power door locks. This is the extra options you can program this for. Alarm,flasher lights,power trunk opener,window up,lock unlock doors and if you have an air system on your van bags,or air locks it will also handle it. And came with an armed led light to mount on your dash
My question looking at my door lock it's 3 wire 1 black 1 pink lock up 1 pink lock down. I taped the black wire and it was hot. How can that be black is ground right. Shouldn't the pink on the switch be hot and black common ground. When I taped the black with a scotch lock my pig tail touched the door and sparked so I caped it with a wire nut. Time to regroup. Any ideas

Can you send me more info about the kit you bought? Will it work on a '90 Aerostar?

Thanks,

I bought the unit from eBay if you have a central locking system you can just wire the drivers door. The unit gives you extra leads for passenger door horn alarm,trunk. Plus if you are a low rider guy you can hook up for your air or air locks. Never knew a car with air locks but it's listed. You get the unit 2 key fobs and the led remote sencer for the dash. If you email me privately I'll send you the eBay link. It came in 3 days from California even though it's Chinese

I bought the unit from eBay if you have a central locking system you can just wire the drivers door. The unit gives you extra leads for passenger door horn alarm,trunk. Plus if you are a low rider guy you can hook up for your air or air locks. Never knew a car with air locks but it's listed. You get the unit 2 key fobs and the led remote sencer for the dash. If you email me privately I'll send you the eBay link. It came in 3 days from California even though it's Chinese

PM sent a couple of days ago.

Never got it

Under universal car auto remote center also door locking system. Look up seller
Allwinshop I paid $11.20 cents that included shipping. If I copy and paste my link my eBay info should be public. They shipped from chino California us. Big prison town.if you emailed me the seller has a share this item link. He's got a positive 98.1% with 93,535 rating

Back