Moab 2016 | Page 20 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Moab 2016

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The only way my rig see's 85 is on the trailer behind the tow rig

Lol. Only you or I would post rhay and youbeay me to it.

My other one was, "when that baby it's 88 mph, your going to see some serious s#it!" Honest that speed scares me in these rigs.:eek:

And just for s#its and giggles. O'Reilly s wanted $175 for a factory replacement shaft.:thumbdwn: I just found out I can get a pair of Alloy cromoly shafts for the rear with a 10 year warranty for $235 to my door through Summit. :thumbsup:

Officially screwed now. Shot a plug out the side of the f250 just out side of Saint George. :thumbdwn:

Turboexplorer is in st george. ;)

There is some great wheeling there while you get it sorted.

Yeah, except the Explorer has a broken axle shaft

Damn Steve, guess u should of got the boner award... Sorry to hear of your troubles I hope you have a way to get it fixed.

Officially screwed now. Shot a plug out the side of the f250 just out side of Saint George. :thumbdwn:

O'Reilly or autozone will have a hilocoil repair kit for.the plug. It's a repair that can be done on the side of the road if needed

Getting it towed to Ford in St. George. They think they can have me back on the road by tomorrow night.

Edit: made it to Ford. We'll have to wait till tomorrow to see a timeline and next steps.

Steve very sorry to hear about that. You've definitely had you share of issues this weekend. I think you're good for the next few years ;)

Made it back to Phoenix and picked up Gypsy and Clyde. They are making up for lost time chasing the squirrels back into their holes ;)

I'm exhausted... Will post more tomorrow.

Made it home a few hours ago. Uneventful trip home.

Attachments

• 20160523_191436.jpg
    20160523_191436.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 216

Steve very sorry to hear about that. You've definitely had you share of issues this weekend. I think you're good for the next few years ;)

Made it back to Phoenix and picked up Gypsy and Clyde. They are making up for lost time chasing the squirrels back into their holes ;)

I'm exhausted... Will post more tomorrow.

You know, Char said it best when she said I had been so lucky for such a long time with no brakeage.

As I left Moab, I thought wow! What a great trip, so there we're issues. ...then I lost a trailer tire. This morning after getting new trailer tires I thought, wow! This was still a great trip, so there we're some issues. Then POP, I lost the plug in the engine. My wife said I needed to stop thinking so positive of this trip.:(

I will say, there was signs of the plug failure a few hundred miles before, it sounded like a lifter chatter, I just figured I'll deal with it when I got home. Little did I know that it was the plug coming lose. If I would have stopped and tighten it, I'd probably be ok. I just didn't know that's what it was. Let this be a lesson for all.

I need a shirt that says I survived the Moab 20th anniversary Serious Exploration run

Wish I still lived in Saint George. Sorry to its been a rough trip home. Where are you staying? My parents have an open bed for you and a nice shower if you'd like. Can send my Dad over to get you. They are just off exit 4.
[MENTION=12287]Stic-o[/MENTION]

Trailer curse got us now too...made it to lamesa Texas when we got pulled over for no trailer lights. Kept blowing fuses on the truck and we got a short somewhere in the trailer so we stopped for the night at a best Western and will continue on on the morning. By the way the trailer is brand new and only 2 month old

Hmm, sounds like I need to come up with a new award. Sorry yo hear tht Steve.

Back in Tacoma. . . Long day on the road, but too jazzed on caffeine and sugar to go to bed.

Best of luck with the trailer issues. . . er, everyone ?

Safe travels,

Paul
'91 Sport

Sorry Steve, Hope it all works out today, and your back on the road shortly.

Checked in a hotel at 1am, took a long nap, and back on the road after bfast. Hopefully home by this evening.

Trailer: 1
Road construction barrel : 0

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I also was afflicted with trouble on the way home. As I got closer and closer I kept thinking, will this be a record? Will I make two long trips on the same set of trailer tires?? Well I did it... I made it to Truck Haven and Moab and back on the same tires. I stopped driving over 70 mph. I believe that is the ticket to longer trailer tire life as all the ST trailer tires are rated at only 65mph.

So anyway... Just as I pulled into our town I saw that they were paving the road that I chose to come in on. I turned around and got back on the highway so I could go to the next road that takes us home... As I was getting on the throttle to get up to speed, the RPMs shot way up... Smoked the clutch within 5 miles of the house :banghead:.

So thankful it didn't happen on the road!

Back