• Register Today It's free!

Engine bay dimensions.

Brian Skinner

Reaction score
City, State
Grand Island NE
Year, Model & Trim Level
95 aerostar
I havent done any measuring, but i was wondering what the engine dimensions are between the aeros, explorer, and ranger and wondering what what 5.0 should i use? Would the mustang 5.0 or the explorer 5.0 be my best options and will i have to go to a stand alone system for the obd. I wasnt sure if i had to rewire the whole van or if i can adapt into my harness. I do want to keep it clean meaning not a screwed up mess if you know what i mean. I am wanting to keep it like we bought it from the factory that way even though we all know that it wouldnt be true. I still want the a/c cruise and the interior like stock but yet a v8 in the bay as i might have previously mentioned. Im sorry if it seems like i'm beating a dead horse but i'm just trying to plan ahead and get things done right without to much hacking if you know what i mean. I have see the blue 86 on you tube and it does look neat, but i saw another aero with a carbed v8 and it looked like a mess. I wasn't sure how the owners of the blue aero performed this task and ive been trying to find info on this but have had no luck. As i said i want the a/c, cruise, etc. that the van came with. Another question would be that what do you all think of midas mufflers for exhaust work? Any sort of information would be helpful since im getting an estimate tomorrow and im trying to plan ahead with the v8 conversion and seeing how i can perform this task instead of keeping the van down too terribly long but yet do things right keeping it like factory just a v8 instead of a v6. I forgot to mention that i saw that blue van on youtube, but nothing step by step. I really would like information on this to know what is entitled to perform this task. Any information is greatly appreciated( except for sending it to the junk yard like someone told me on another site). Our van is in good shape except a couple of spots where rust is trying to attck, but im trying to stop it before it gets to bad. This van will never see winter again so thatll help a little bit. But anyhow any help is grealy appreciated. Thanks Brian

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The 5.0L will fit but it's very tight. The Taurus SHO has a high output V6 if you want to look into that. I know that it's set up for a FWD but you might be able to use it. I haven't seen anybody attempt that yet. Send Perry on this site a PM. He once converted a V6 Aerostar into a V8.

engine bay dimensions

Is there a way i can get a hold of perry so i can shoot him an email to maybe ask him some questions about the conversion, length of time, etc.

I have a stupid question to ask. Ive been trying to find a way to get a hold of him but i have had no such luck. Do yall know how i can pm or send an email to either him or someone else that knows the conversion project? Ive been told that the only stupid questions are the one not asked, but i have been trying to find a way but no such luck. Any advice will greatly be helpful or if you can reach him to see if maybe he can email me, that would be fantastic. You can reach me at bskinner09@gmail.com,bsmustang69@gmail.com, or bsaerostar95@gmail.com. thanks brian

Thanks i be eager for replies im ready to tackle this but all information would be great before i perform this task if you know what i mean. Thanks Brian

Back