VinceL

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Frisco, TX
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Explorer Limited
Hey Explorer owners :)

I have signed up on Fuelly.com so that anybody that is curious can see what kind of mileage we are extracting out of our Explorer. I invite everybody to join!

They don't have a 2013 section yet, but I am working on it. A couple of more fill-ups and our car should start showing up in the public page.

Happy driving :)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hey Explorer owners :)

I have signed up on Fuelly.com so that anybody that is curious can see what kind of mileage we are extracting out of our Explorer. I invite everybody to join!

They don't have a 2013 section yet, but I am working on it. A couple of more fill-ups and our car should start showing up in the public page.

Happy driving :)
Hey Vince. Isn't time to update your Vehicle Specs. Didn't know one could get a 2.5L boxer 4 engine in an Explorer. I'm sure that would give you better mileage than the rest of us. No fair.:D

Peter

Hey Vince. Isn't time to update your Vehicle Specs. Didn't know one could get a 2.5L boxer 4 engine in an Explorer. I'm sure that would give you better mileage than the rest of us. No fair.:D

Peter

Okay, that is weird. I DID update the specs!! I did it when I changed my avatar. Maybe I didn't hit save or something...off I go to try again :)

EDIT: Fixed!

Thanks Vince. I plan to join once I take delivery next month. The Ex will be my primary ride so will have easy access to the numbers. :)

Cool. My wife will be recording the numbers. We also plan to keep track of what the onboard computer says for comparison and put it into the notes for each fill-up. On the first tank, the computer was pessimistic by 1mpg (it reported 17.6 as opposed to the calculated 18.6).

I learned of Fuelio via this forum and I've been using it for a for about 5 months.
Its a handy little app with great statistics and charts.

I figured I'd start this threat for anyone who's interested in sharing MPG and other stats.

2017 Explorer Sport Liverniois Tune
From 9/2016 to 2/2017 Ive driven 4331 miles

Average Fuel Consumption 13.46 mpg
Best Fuel Consumption 19.92 mpg
Worst Fuel Consumption 11.43 mpg

Yeah, thanks to @peterk9 and your suggestions I've just downloaded the app. I'll need to get fuel later today or tomorrow so I'm looking forward to seeing what the results are. I've been tracking the Ex since about 4,000 miles (just under 11,000 now) and it says I'm getting 20.7 mpg overall, so I'm curious to see how much better/worse that number is.

Yeah, thanks to @peterk9 and your suggestions I've just downloaded the app. I'll need to get fuel later today or tomorrow so I'm looking forward to seeing what the results are. I've been tracking the Ex since about 4,000 miles (just under 11,000 now) and it says I'm getting 20.7 mpg overall, so I'm curious to see how much better/worse that number is.

Fuelios actual account of MPG is usually 1 MPG less than the Explorers computer in my experience

Fuelios actual account of MPG is usually 1 MPG less than the Explorers computer in my experience

That won't make Mrs. Squirrel happy, haha. She isn't thrilled with the gas mileage (I guess she expects 30 mpg out of a 5,000 lb vehicle, like our 2011 Fusion gets), but she was happy that we were getting nearly 4 mpg more than our 2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee. If it's only 3 mpg I'll be hearing about it. :p

I've been using a different app(My Cars), but here are my results.

2014 Sport, stock
53251 miles.
Avg: 20.41(US MPG)
Best: 23.00
Worst: 17.66

I did a lot of highway driving when I lived 35miles from work and close to posted speed limits with traffic(some "drafting" involved), hence the relatively high avg.
I now live 20 miles from work and noticed about 1mpg drop in average and my worst was just this year.

And I also agree, vehicle MPG typically indicates about 1MPG higher than actual calculation.

Back