• Register Today It's free!

Upgrading my Explorer help

Thanos

Reaction score
City, State
Jacksonville, FL
Year, Model & Trim Level
1998 Ford Explorer 2 door
So I went to U-Pull-It today an walked out with a windfall of parts as it was "$40 all u can carry" day. I got the stereo, CD changer, console information center, wiring harness for all, digital climate control and amp with sub out of a 1999 Explorer. I really just went to get a Shift Solenoid but lucked out ( I walked out with all solenoids as well ). How much trouble is it going to be to install all of this into my 1998 Explorer? I figure the stereo, CD changer and Info center will be no prob since I took the wire harness. But will the climate control work? Also I clipped off the amp and sub wire so I have the plug but I didn't see where that actually ran down into the rear harness as it started to rain. Splicing into the existing harness isn't a prob for me but before I tear the back all apart is this going to work? I figure whatever I cant install I can sell and as I got a lot of parts for my Blazer as well so I'm way ahead.

The sub and radio aren't too bad, the CD changer should plug right into that radio once it's wired up.

However, the message center and the Electronic climate control are much more involved installations. If you search there's a thread on installing them. Much more effort than it's worth in my opinion.

Back