• Register Today It's free!

sync & backup camera problems

grayeeagle

Reaction score
City, State
Bakersfield Ca.
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 Ford Explorer
Help, my dealer, Jim Burk Ford in Bakersfield, has my sync system in my 2011 Explorer Limited, all messed up, I took it in for a steering module recall, since then the lines on the backup camera don't show up, plus the camera will not work about 10 percent of the time, the sync sys will not update, my voice commands are useless, will not recognize any thing anyone says, Is there anybody that has any idea what is going on with this vehicle.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I can help, grayeeagle, but first, can you please elaborate on what you mean by the system not updating? Also, do you get an error when you use voice commands? Let me know and we'll go from there.

Rebecca

sysc system & back up camera problems

I can help, grayeeagle, but first, can you please elaborate on what you mean by the system not updating? Also, do you get an error when you use voice commands? Let me know and we'll go from there.

Rebecca

up dating the sync sys, like when they ask you to plug in a jump drive to update the system, the service writer at my dealership said that they my vehicle would give an error before it finished updating. no errors on the voice commands, just will not come close to doing what I ask, especially on the navigation system

I don't see a way to send a private message?

chiming in to help

I don't see a way to send a private message?

Heres how: Click on the name displayed in the left hand box of the post you wish to send a message( this case its "FORD IVTteam" in red). A box will appear with several options. After clicking on "send a private message to FORD IVTteam" another message box will appear for you to type your message. Hope this helps.

My 2012 is doing something similar. The lines for the backup assistance will not turn on. I have gone into the menu and they are on but when in reverse they don't show up. The zoom feature won't work anymore either. Also the sync will lockup and say to enter a Nav. SD card when it's already installed, then we get a screen that just has the SYNC symbol like it's doing a full reset. Any help or suggestions are appreciated. Thanks

my dealer had the vehicle for a whole day, they said ford told them it was the camera, I ordered a camera, it will be here mon the 1st, Im installing it my self, can't afford Fords $105.00 an hour, anyway I will let you know.

Back up camera not working

I have a 2012 Ford Explorer XLT and my back up camera stopped working. I had Sirius XM which I had the service ended. The day Sirius XM discontinued service is the day my back up camera stopped working. The sensors still show up on the screen, but the screen is black or just has lines through it. I have disconnected the battery, but that did not restore the camera. Anyone have any ideas what is going on or what I can do to try to fix it?

I have a 2012 Ford Explorer XLT and my back up camera stopped working. I had Sirius XM which I had the service ended. The day Sirius XM discontinued service is the day my back up camera stopped working. The sensors still show up on the screen, but the screen is black or just has lines through it. I have disconnected the battery, but that did not restore the camera. Anyone have any ideas what is going on or what I can do to try to fix it?

The XM and the back up camera issues you are having SHOULD NOT be related, they are separate systems... But the first thing I would try is removing the SD card, then go through the system settings ( click the gear picture 3 times ) and perform a "Master Reset". Do this while the vehicle is running, preferably not covered by a garage. If you still have issues, log on or register at www.syncmyride.com to see if there are any updates that you can install. I would try all of this before spending time at your Ford Dealer.

Let me know if this helps.

Thank you for the suggestion. I tried that and it did not work. I will try to see if there are any updates and try that as well. Thanks again for the help!!!

The XM and the back up camera issues you are having SHOULD NOT be related, they are separate systems... But the first thing I would try is removing the SD card, then go through the system settings ( click the gear picture 3 times ) and perform a "Master Reset". Do this while the vehicle is running, preferably not covered by a garage. If you still have issues, log on or register at www.syncmyride.com to see if there are any updates that you can install. I would try all of this before spending time at your Ford Dealer.

Let me know if this helps.

Thank you for the suggestion. I tried that and it did not work. I will try to see if there are any updates and try that as well. Thanks again for the help!!!

Sorry, I tried lol. Let me know if the update does anything.

Back