The Southwest Chit Chat thread.. | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

The Southwest Chit Chat thread..

Can't remember the street. Just know you could barely see the lake and it was the high side. Went to voe elementary for 1st and 2nd. Small world

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

..Fight on San Diego Chargers..:biggthump

..For those whom haven't heard yet, Holy Jim Trail/Trabuco Canyon area is on fire..

..They were lucky enough to have night helicopter support from the OC Fire Authority but a few of the little cabins up there are already gone and I believe it's only been a few acres burned..

The greatest fear with this severe drought is all the embers which have floated around and the possible windy condition tomorrow a.m. in this rugged terrain may start new fires.:(

..Are you ready?

..It's going to be about 100* plus this week..Luckily it's springtime and not summer yet..:(

..Are you ready?

..It's going to be about 100* plus this week..Luckily it's springtime and not summer yet..:(

meh...it was like that a week or two ago too. Only problem is the A/C in the Focus sucks :thumbdwn: JP and the F250 seems to have a Arctic setting:D

..Better get the a/c looked at..

..They are now calling for 104* here on Thursday and luckily I'm relatively close to the beach..:(

..I'm actually going to be heading into the desert this week where it will be cooler than it is at home..:confused:

..:shifty_ey...They were filming an episode of "The Big Bang Theory" before todays game at the Angel Stadium in Anaheim.. :)

Outside ball game in this heat...with almost no breeze. :eek: no thanks:(

..I don't think it got much over 104* here today but we did loose the game..

...We got another hurricane coming up...I wonder which town it will flood out again, Phoenix or Las Vegas?..:confused:,

Anyone on here anywhere close to southern New Mexico?? Maybe we can meet up and check out some trails around here like the Gila Lower Box, or something up in the Lincoln National Forest. I happen to live about 15 miles from where the Chile Challenge run is held every year, although those trails are too gnarly for my X. They are nationally known 4++ rated trails :D

Anyone on here anywhere close to southern New Mexico?? Maybe we can meet up and check out some trails around here like the Gila Lower Box, or something up in the Lincoln National Forest. I happen to live about 15 miles from where the Chile Challenge run is held every year, although those trails are too gnarly for my X. They are nationally known 4++ rated trails :D

That's only 225 from phoenix. So doable.

Could be interesting to come check out Gila box.

However I am going to spend this winter on more suspension improvements on mine, probably not go out except for testing until next fall.

Maybe if we start up a thread on the main page we can get the rest of the AZ, NM brothers to join in? There's a good number of us.

Shoot for say October before everyone blows their cash on the holidays?

Sounds like a plan! October, not blazing hot anymore, yet not too cold yet. Maybe this summer I can bring my pontoon boat out to Phx and hit Lake Pleasant. Elephant Butte here in NM is getting pathetically low on water level...

That's only 225 from phoenix. So doable.

Could be interesting to come check out Gila box.

However I am going to spend this winter on more suspension improvements on mine, probably not go out except for testing until next fall.

Maybe if we start up a thread on the main page we can get the rest of the AZ, NM brothers to join in? There's a good number of us.

Shoot for say October before everyone blows their cash on the holidays?

Glendale reporting for breakdowns! ... err i mean duty

Back