My wife's DD | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

My wife's DD

Mike65

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
In my garage working on one of our vehicles.
City, State
Horsepasture, Virginia.
Year, Model & Trim Level
00 Ranger 4x4, 99 Sport.
d_D26177F2-D1E6-46FF-82ED-5C8FEF29A41B_zps3f63adb3.png

My wife's DD 2008 Escape XLT 4X4, 4cyl, auto, PW, PM, PL, Cruise, Tilt, AM/FM in dash 6 disc changer, & remote start. We purchased it used in February 2011. I added the bug shield, & the vent visors & my wife added the custom Husky window graphics.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Looks nice.

I originally wanted a 4cylinder when I was looking for my wife's. I was looking just before the 2013s came out and production of the 2012s was over so I had to search only new inventory and that was pretty limited- especially with everything we wanted. I found the 4cylinder in Utah but my local dealer made me a deal on a V6. Although mileage isn't as good with the V6, the power is nice.

And then I got a V6 Mariner.......

It looks nice. How does it drive with a 4 cylinder? Does it have sufficient power?

Most times it is fine power wise & it gets great gas mileage. Sometimes she wishes we paid more for the V-6, but at the time we could not afford it.

Gotta say when I saw "wife's dd" I wasn't necessarily thinking designated driver, LOL.
I love my 4-cylinder. It's not completely overpowered but it feels stronger than many other vehicles I've had with v6's. It helps the vehicle is pretty light as well.
Nice escape!

Gotta say when I saw "wife's dd" I wasn't necessarily thinking designated driver, LOL.
I love my 4-cylinder. It's not completely overpowered but it feels stronger than many other vehicles I've had with v6's. It helps the vehicle is pretty light as well.
Nice escape!

Thanks Matt, BTW DD stands for daily driver. LOL

sorry, clearly my mind was on other things :). Designated, daily, whatever, same difference... :)

sorry, clearly my mind was on other things :). Designated, daily, whatever, same difference... :)

Nothing to be sorry about, it is all good. :)

It looks like I wasn't the only one who clicked on this link to see your wife's DD.:eek:

Back