Truck Haven Hills, CA in October 25 - 26 | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Truck Haven Hills, CA in October 25 - 26

I finally checked on the board tonight and saw this run! I got excited, but won't be able to make those dates. I'm studying for my engineering p.e. license and have a test oct. 20 and nov. 5th. I'm currently a 1/3 pe ( passed the 8 hr) and have to pass seismic and survey. You guys/gals still planning the mlk trip too? I want to make it out even if my truck isn't up to it. The truck will make the trip for the photos, just not off-road. Be nice to catch up with the gang again!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

...Edit:..Just saw Gophers post..Congrats and long time no see..oh yea...potato guns are encouraged...:)

...Posting videos I cant watchwhile in the back hills is a :nono:...:p:

...Rhauf used to post on here while he was building his exo and after he rolled 2-3 different times at truckhaven his post slowed down..

...I want to say he lives in central Cal and he may show up in Gorman for the 4WP event this month..:dunno:

Gents,

I am out - I found out that my 4 wheel drive explorer is actually a 2 wheel drive explorer. I only found this out after I buried the back end into sand.

I got lucky that I did this close to the freeway and was able to persuade Border Patrol to pull me out. I doubt that I will have this fixed in time.

I look forward to seeing the pictures

Steve

...You can still come out, camp, enjoy the festivities, and ride along..

..in fact it's common for 2wds to come out and even play around in the washes..:)'

I finally checked on the board tonight and saw this run! I got excited, but won't be able to make those dates. I'm studying for my engineering p.e. license and have a test oct. 20 and nov. 5th. I'm currently a 1/3 pe ( passed the 8 hr) and have to pass seismic and survey. You guys/gals still planning the mlk trip too? I want to make it out even if my truck isn't up to it. The truck will make the trip for the photos, just not off-road. Be nice to catch up with the gang again!

Brian, it's great to hear that you're about to become a licensed engineer. Congrats!:chug:

As far as I know we're on for MLK weekend.

Does anyone have any suggestion as to how we can scare up some more interest in this run?

So what's the plan? :(

So what's the plan? :(

I think he was asking for help with suggestions.........:dunno:

Maybe someone could PM a bunch of members who have come out to Truckhaven before and remind them of this thread?

Maybe Rick could raffle off his drone and Go-Pro (need to be present to win)??;)

Send out a TH run alert on FB..:dunno:

With all the members who have moved away, it would sure be nice to get a whole new stock crowd out there again..

Sorry guys I've been the absentee admin. For the last couple weeks I have been working at wiring a '51 Chevy pickup for a local hot rod builders shop. What was supposed to be just a wiring job turned into basically finishing the truck for him. Installing A/C power windows, door locks, and plumbing for fuel and brakes. I can definitely use the extra cash right now as Char has hardly been working.

Working on this truck isn't too bad, as I enjoy the detail oriented stuff, but doing it every day isn't something I'm used to. With my own projects I work whenever I feel like it. For this project I have to get there at 7am to beat the heat. No cooling in his shop :(

So... I haven't done anything more to promote the run other than to put up a site wide notice. I'm going to leave the notice up for a few days in a row and see if that helps.

Attachments

• rick_dash.jpg
    rick_dash.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 170

...It sounds awesome and like a new adventure while getting to show off the talent..:biggthump

I invited the guys with the jurassic park jeeps. Not sure how many will come, but the would stock XJ's . At least it's new people to the sport.

..I know there were 4 last weekend gathered down near me..I didn't know they had so many..

..I know there were 4 last weekend gathered down near me..I didn't know they had so many..

There is a ton of them now. Most based out of the OC. The one guy that may come has is jeep on display at the off road expo this year.

Truck Haven has terrain for every level of rig and driver. This is a great place to check out the capability of your rig.

Attachments

• 29.jpg
    29.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 179
  • 49.jpg
    49.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 190
  • sportrac_hires.jpg
    sportrac_hires.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 169
  • AUT_2548.jpg
    AUT_2548.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 166
  • AUT_2669.jpg
    AUT_2669.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 181
  • DSC_0809.jpg
    DSC_0809.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 170

So... I haven't done anything more to promote the run other than to put up a site wide notice. I'm going to leave the notice up for a few days in a row and see if that helps.

If it has been up I haven't seen it yet..:dunno:

So many different trips going on this weekend! I may be able to make an appearance, and have some new vehicular equipment to test out!

It would be great to have you out Matt:chug:

Bring it. It will do great everywhere it fits :D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Sub'd

Although if I make it it'll be with the 150 since my Ex is still a giant paper weight...

Make you a deal...you show up with the Raptor, and I'll give you a Genuine Ford SVT Raptor Hat:D

Back