Westin/KC combo RFI | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Westin/KC combo RFI

This will be my first foray into aftermarket lighting and I am seeking feedback.
I'm thinking about going with a Westin Light Bar 30-0005 aka Safari Light Bar and KC Daylighter 634 lights. These are the 130w spread beam 6" bulbs. They come pre-terminated with a wiring harness, relay, etc. I'm pretty handy and am comfortable wiring everything up myself, dedicated circuit. The Westin bar is just the light bar, not a bull bar. I think the diameter of the bar is 2", just about right for my needs.

Anybody running this kind of rig or setup? Any feedback or input? Anything I have not considered and should take into consideration?

Thanks!
Chef Duane

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Nobody? OK, well I guess I'll just go with it.

Make sure you use a relay for a setup like that.

Sometimes the forum is dead and people don't reply, so just stay patient. :)

I've seen people with safari bar set ups here, but I'm not sure which lights they used. Search around, I'm sure you'll find a lot of info.

Yeah, the KC Daylighters come with a wiring harness and a relay. The harness is also pre-terminated with qwik connex so its just plug and play. That's one reason I decided to use them.
Thanks for your response!

Just run the wiring safely and out of the way of moving things..

Also, where do you plan to buy this bull bar?

O'Reilly had an online closeout for $75.00 for the bar and $25.00 for the mount kit. Total was around $100 and change. Most other online outlets (Amazon, Ebay and now Alibaba) were at least double. When I got the O'R online flyer, I jumped at it.
The local 4Wheel Parts is the source for the lights.

EDIT: It's not a bull bar, its the Safari Light Bar. 2" shaped pipe, powder coated black. Certainly not anywhere beefy as a bull bar... mounts for lights only.

EDIT/EDIT: Total was exactly $144.38 with shipping.

It's a bull bar.
Bull bar = Safari bar.

Grill Guard = huge beefy bar that goes all the way up.

I can't find a grill guard for under $300 here or a bull bar for under $200.. even with discounts.. Lucky..

Check out oreilly.com. They might still be available. Shipping here to Dallas area was about $30. With the light kit the whole thing was about $300.

Well everything's come in. The 30-0005 bar and the 30-1055 mounting kit. Gonna' do the install this weekend. Had to get install instructions off Westin's website as there were none in the boxes. Also, the boxes were marked "Closeout - Not Returnable." The O'Reilly email flyer said nothing about not being returnable. I'm positive these are the right parts so no problem there, I'm just wondering what would have happened if they were damaged in shipment. Also, I wondered if they might have been returns, but nothing was damaged and all parts were accounted for and look to be new so ok. At the price I got them for, I'm pretty pleased.

Shipping to Canada would be $100. That is, if they'd even ship up here.

Back