Help! Frustrated | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

jamilayers22

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 ranger stx
Ok, so I replaced the shift motor on my transfer case (94 ranger stx manual hubs push button 4x4). That was simple. and 4 wheel drive worked. But only for a while. I dont know what happened in between it working and not working however I am getting different symptoms this time.

1. buttons dont light up when I push them
2. module makes no sound at all when I push button
3. trouble shoot module, everything seems great??? lights work when I ground the specific wires.
4. I have voltage to the button as well, its not the 12v that it says its supposed to have but its the same as it was when I knew it worked. (took the blue/white wire and backprobed then connected to ohm meter, then other probe to ground)

its like the signal is not being sent from the switch? I checked all of the fuses, cleaned some grounds on the battery, checked all the wiring, I am at a loss help.

thanks

I appreciate this however this helped the first time around. I'm getting no signal to my module and no orange circle lights are coming on. I bought a new switch, same result. I'm gonna mess with the shift motor wiring and see if the ground is not proper for what ever reason but I honestly don't think that's the issue. Shift motor is new, I actually removed it shifted into 4H and drove around due to the snow we got in green bay. I just reinstalled it and the new button, and like I said same result.

Back