What Head lights do you recommend | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

What Head lights do you recommend

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

If you want to keep with the halogen bulbs, I am using the Sylvania ZXE's and they are very bright and white light compared to even the Sylvania Ultras. I haven't wanted to take the leap to installing HID's. Those seem to be the best on this forum that people like.

I don't think you should even bother with those outdated halogen bulbs, I upgraded my headlights to HID kit from Xtralights online and they are 3 times brighter with the cool white xenon light beam color, they are just simple plug and play install, check them out...

explorerHID.JPG

generichidkit.jpg

If you don't like HID's, the LED light bulbs are a good upgrade to halogens.

I don't think you should even bother with those outdated halogen bulbs, I upgraded my headlights to HID kit from Xtralights online and they are 3 times brighter with the cool white xenon light beam color, they are just simple plug and play install, check them out...

explorerHID.JPG

generichidkit.jpg

They do look good! I will have to add those to the wish list!

generichidkit.jpg

Not only are these kits illegal but they throw a really bad light pattern.
As an experiment I fitted one of these to my Exp. The low beam was ok but the high beam was useless.
Wasn't too bad because I was using an LED light bar for high beam.

You're far better off doing the whole HID projector conversion.

Better light, not too expensive and it's legal.

If you don't like HID's, the LED light bulbs are a good upgrade to halogens.

The only LED headlights I've seen that look like they'd have any decent range at all are very expensive, more so than a fully HID projector retrofit.

I haven't seen the results or know anyone who is using them but I can't see that they would be any better than HID projectors.

Back