• Register Today It's free!

How to: Replace Rear Wiper Motor?

alexk

Reaction score
City, State
New Jersey
Year, Model & Trim Level
2021 Limited
I did a search on here and found nothing. I also cannot find anything on google. Its a 2002 manufactured in 2001 if that helps. Also does anyone know where I can buy a new motor? I looked but they all say manufactured after may (I think) of 2002.

Thanks for any help

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Did you ever find out how to do this? I have a '95 and I got mine out but, I'm trying to figure out why its not working because I put another one in and the same result. NOTHING..:mad:

No I never did, I am still hoping someone on here knows how and can help

check the ground wire. jump straight off the battery and see if it runs.

thanks, is there anytrick to getting off the real panel? I dont see any screws on the upper section where the motor would be, but I dont wanna pull it off and break something.

Just grab the end of it and pull. There are 5 or 6 metal clips holding it in. i just had mine of today to see if I could fix the wiper motor but had no luck. Looking for a new motor now!!

Hey Guys, I have an issue regarding my rear wiper motor being constantly on. I turn it off and it continues to keep going. I pull my fuse under the dash and it still continues to go.....very weird. So I went to the front of my 2004 Explorer Limited 4x4 4.6L and removed the high current fuse for the rear wiper. I have to take it out for a couple days and then put it back in, and sometimes its still on. What you think the problem is?

I did a search on here and found nothing. I also cannot find anything on google. Its a 2002 manufactured in 2001 if that helps. Also does anyone know where I can buy a new motor? I looked but they all say manufactured after may (I think) of 2002.

Thanks for any help

Are you sure it's the motor that's bad? I went down that road only to discover that the splines on the rear wiper arm were stripped out. Replacement arm fixed it.

Also keep in mind when troubleshooting the motor, that it will not run if the lift glass is open.

It wasnt the motor, some wire was broken and I had the dealer fix it for $40.

Back