5.0 Coyote Adrenalin engine swap | Page 5 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

5.0 Coyote Adrenalin engine swap

Is the new 5.8L S/C engine in the 2013 Cobra also the coyote? Just bigger?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Is the new 5.8L S/C engine in the 2013 Cobra also the coyote? Just bigger?

No, it's just a bored out version of the aluminum 5.4 from the 2011-12 Mustang Shelby GT500. Compression has been raised, TVS blower is now on and a few other things to get that sweet 650HP rating:D

No, it's just a bored out version of the aluminum 5.4 from the 2011-12 Mustang Shelby GT500. Compression has been raised, TVS blower is now on and a few other things to get that sweet 650HP rating:D

Oh ok. I just wonder cause its also a 4V head. Could one of these fit under the hood of a explorer?:D

Oh ok. I just wonder cause its also a 4V head. Could one of these fit under the hood of a explorer?:D

All it takes is $$$ and you can make it fit anywhere:D

sweet, did you get the gauges figured out?

:eek: real nice

sweet, did you get the gauges figured out?

Yes, the gauges are working great. Got all the lights out on the dash. All gauges work as they used to. :D

Truck is driving great, got some bugs worked out of the Ford Racing control pack harness. They evidently left out some wires and after some research, was able to run the wires and correct some stalling issues I had when the clutch went in. I've been driving it around quite a bit now and absolutely love it.

How well would this work with an auto? Does the FRPP kit have an auto option? Reason I ask is I would not want to loose the awd on my truck. I had bough parts to do a Tr6060/t-case , but will never find time in my life to finish that project!

this swap is quite intriguing to me!

Coyote Automatic

Here is you best bet so far as to running an automatic: 4R70W

A few pics of the Coyote Adrenalin with the new hood and badges.

12shoot2.jpg

12shoot5.jpg

12shoot4.jpg

5.0-almost-finished_bbsize.jpg

Yummy! Loving it looks and drive-train :thumbsup:

Congrats. Truck looks great.

Not sure if I missed it, but does this ST have a transfer case being the 6 spd?

This one's a RWD model, not AWD.

That looks beautiful! Im jealous!!

the truck looks great!...great job :thumbsup: ...it must be a lot of fun to drive...

My curiosity has gotten the best of me. What pedal assembly or just clutch pedal did you use. I find it interesting since our chassis/body never had a manual trans option. *****in' fit and finish into the console though!!! I myself have been considing on doing an Ecoboost set up from an F150 great unique project...:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Update!
Just installed the 4.30 gears in the Adrenalin to compensate for the low gear ratio. With this setup on 30" tall stock tires, the stock 3.55's were terrible. The 4.30's take the truck to the equivelent of a Mustang with 3.73's. The truck feels WAY better now, pulls out from a stop better, gets into the power band better, and the best part... burnouts!

My curiosity has gotten the best of me. What pedal assembly or just clutch pedal did you use. I find it interesting since our chassis/body never had a manual trans option. *****in' fit and finish into the console though!!! I myself have been considing on doing an Ecoboost set up from an F150 great unique project...:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
Thanks for the kudos.

The pedal arrangement I'm keeping hush hush for now. A lot of man hours into that setup. However the gas pedal is the pedal that comes with the Ford Racing controls pack, since you have to use a specific pedal from their kit.

It would be really interesting to just sit and talk to you about this project. I've been watching your progress from the beginning with this truck and I must say you've come a long way and it's been quite impressive.

Great Job :salute:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Update!
Just installed the 4.30 gears in the Adrenalin to compensate for the low gear ratio. With this setup on 30" tall stock tires, the stock 3.55's were terrible. The 4.30's take the truck to the equivelent of a Mustang with 3.73's. The truck feels WAY better now, pulls out from a stop better, gets into the power band better, and the best part... burnouts!

Thanks for the kudos.

The pedal arrangement I'm keeping hush hush for now. A lot of man hours into that setup. However the gas pedal is the pedal that comes with the Ford Racing controls pack, since you have to use a specific pedal from their kit.

I would think the pedals from a Ranger would work since the Sport Trac and Explorer are both based on that truck. At any rate, great job on bringing your dream to reality. It is exactly the way I would want my Sport Trac to be.

Back