Ohe boy's Full Width D44/Ford 9" | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Ohe boy's Full Width D44/Ford 9"

Well I am finally done with the suspension mods and have taken it out on the trails to test out the flex.

Here's some pics to get started:

Group shot of the gang

group_shot.jpg

Some flexing out on the trails...

explorer_flex_1.jpg

explorer_flex_2.jpg

explorer_flex.jpg

...and some flexing with the forklift...

Picture61.jpg

Picture31.jpg

Picture111.jpg

Picture7.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Also if you put these in an explorer do they look funny sticking out the 8" or so... I was reading and some guy said to chop them down... to the stock length... thats complex?!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I would suggest looking for and reading/researching up on the solid axle swaps (sas) thread. All the answers to all your questions, and then some, and then some, AND THEN SOME, are all in there!

Happy hunting!!!

Yes get the 9" while you're at it -- the prices are so low you can't go wrong.

Mine or who's are you asking about??

Sorry Burns, I haven't been on here in a long time. Been busy with a baby, and not enough time to go on here long enough to reply.

Well, my Explorer is doing pretty good so far. I've been taking it off road here and there and my axles are REALLY soft now. My rear leaf springs are just about flat if not in a slight negative arch when parked on flat level ground. My front is so soft and flexy that my extended brake lines had acted as limited straps on my last outting. I have no anti sway bars and on the road, it sways side to side a lot. Other then that its been holdin' up real good. A lot of other wheelers here are impressed and amazed at the flex it has. Might need a engine and tranny swap soon, but I guess its okay for an daily driven Explorer!!!!

Hows yours doin?

el stocko

hey you got any picts of you tracbar mount , im useing a superlift adjustable tracbar in my ranger and it dosent seem to be lining up where it should , its almost under the coilbucket when it should be more under the powersteering

hey you got any picts of you tracbar mount , im useing a superlift adjustable tracbar in my ranger and it dosent seem to be lining up where it should , its almost under the coilbucket when it should be more under the powersteering

Try Check page #3, post #46.

Something doesn't sound right if your trac bar mount "should" be under your coil bucket, especially if the axle end is in front of your coils. lemme know whats going on with that

what did you pull ur axles out of, was the swap hard..? im workin on doin one to my 91 ranger

what did you pull ur axles out of, was the swap hard..? im workin on doin one to my 91 ranger

got um off a '78 FSB. For the swap, I did all the research, purchases, and basically re-built the axles to my specs. I had a shop go do all the welding and replacing of the axles. So to me, for the work I've done...it was pretty simple and actually quite fun!

Research SAS on here and on the Rangers forum for your sas questions!

Aloha and welcome to the site!

coil buckets

how far did u move your coil buckets out?:D

Found the answer but do you have a steering stabalizer my ex likes to sway alot i was thinking with a stabalizer it would stop steering play so less way for it to sway

Back