• Register Today It's free!

A GREAT trip in the Green Gem...

FordMomof3

Reaction score
City, State
S.E. Michigan
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Explorer XLT (!!!!)
We did a repeat of the 300mile round trip road trip and added in another 200 miles or so this time.

This thing is a dream! I had no usb issues, no phone issues, no mft issues. I'm still getting used to the shapes of the seats - both driver and passenger - but they're just *different* than the van.

I saw many many X's on the road but not another green one :)

And now, my car has been to Mackinac!! :)

Up to about 3200 miles on the thing - I got it 4/13. So not too bad at all! Helps that I keep my mileage down during the school year.

Another really big road trip coming up (12 hours - one way) and I'm sure we'll have just as good a time.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Cool! Glad to hear that you are still enjoying the Explorer. It is a true road warrior to be sure. I have seen only one Green Gem here in Houston, and it was on the lot. Looks like you have a rare gem on your hands :)

I saw many many X's on the road but not another green one :) .

Ahhhhhhhhhhh.....I am seriously ready for our Ex to get here already! ! ! We saw that green Taurus SHO and it was like it just made it worse. We've only seen one green one up in Daytona and it was Limited, no 4WD so not right for us. Glad you are enjoying yours so much and can't wait to have two here on the forums. It's such a gorgeous color and yet no one seems to want it. Arrrrggghhh, the waiting!!
Thanks for posting the positive review FordMomof3!
-Toddy

Glad to hear everything went well.

We have a White LTD on order...figured we'd be the only ones around with it as we haven't seen any since they came out in 2011

Last night..took a bike ride with my wife, saw TWO in the Subdivision over from us. I hope they were just visiting as we are no longer unique :(

I agree, we just got back from our trip as well (900+ miles overall) and everything was great! We have just passed 3500 miles on ours (got it 4/11). I really like having a not so common color (ours is blue) I have only seen I think 2 green ones around here and just one other blue. :) Lots of white ones out there, I actually like the white more than I thought I would, really like the white and black contrast on it, but I wouldn't trade my blue for anything. :D

I have seen almost all of the colors in our area and ours is the only one I have seen with the polished 20s and the shark fin antenna. Also, ours is the only Explorer I have seen in our area with the buckets and console in the second row because almost all of them are ordered by the dealers with the bench.

Who posts a vacation without pics! :D

Glad it all went well... :thumbsup:

We did a repeat of the 300mile round trip road trip and added in another 200 miles or so this time...This thing is a dream! I had no usb issues, no phone issues, no mft issues...Another really big road trip coming up (12 hours - one way) and I'm sure we'll have just as good a time.
That’s awesome, FordMomof3; color me jealous! You must be really looking forward to the next trip. :D

Ahhhhhhhhhhh.....I am seriously ready for our Ex to get here already! ! ! We saw that green Taurus SHO and it was like it just made it worse...
Would you say you’re “green” with envy, Toddy? LOL JK

BTW, my tracker shows your order is still coming right along!

...We have a White LTD on order...figured we'd be the only ones around with it as we haven't seen any since they came out in 2011...
Great news, KanewtZ: I see yours just rolled off the line! Congratulations! :party:

I agree, we just got back from our trip as well (900+ miles overall) and everything was great!...I wouldn't trade my blue for anything. :D
bluex232,

This must be the perfect season for trips because everyone is taking one! It’s awesome you’re lovin’ your “Big Blue.” :thumbsup:

I have seen almost all of the colors in our area and ours is the only one I have seen with the polished 20s and the shark fin antenna...
I’m sure it’s great knowing yours is one of kind, RonJrSVCMGR. :cool:

Who posts a vacation without pics! :D...
Joe Dirt,

I’m with you on this; pics or it didn’t happen! ;)

Cory

My goodness...you all are picky. I have pictures - just need to get them up. I'm out of the house most of today but will try either tonight or in the morning. Sheesh! :)

Back