2005 Explorer LTD with tow pkg. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2005 Explorer LTD with tow pkg.

This will be my first thread so I hope its a good one! I have a 2005 Explorer LTD with factory Class III/IV tow package with 7 pin connector and tranny cooler. It was my understanding that with the factory package there would be a connector behind the lower dash between the parking brake and brake for my trailer brake controller. I've contorted my body six ways to Sunday! and I can't find any connector for the life of me! Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks for your time.

Found the answer

If your Explorer has the factory installed 7 way connector, it will have the connector to install the brake controller. It is located behind the center instrument cluster, to the right of the radio. You mihgt be able to reach it from underneath, but the easiest way to access it would be by removing the glove box tray.

This helpful answer was given by Mike @ etrailer.com.:thumbsup:

Surprised no one here could give me an answer to my dilema.

If your Explorer has the factory installed 7 way connector, it will have the connector to install the brake controller. It is located behind the center instrument cluster, to the right of the radio. You mihgt be able to reach it from underneath, but the easiest way to access it would be by removing the glove box tray.

This helpful answer was given by Mike @ etrailer.com.:thumbsup:

Surprised no one here could give me an answer to my dilema.

Just a few posts below you could have gotten your answer, or a search. I was out of town for the last week otherwise I would have answered your question. Truth is not very many people tow large enough trailers to need electric brakes with their explorer.

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2222751&postcount=3

Back