• Register Today It's free!

Brush gaurd, Bull bar

Nate_V8

Reaction score
City, State
Montreal, Quebec
Year, Model & Trim Level
1998 XLT 5L AWD
Who makes a GOOD looking brush guard or bull bar? I can't find any so far, I have a 1997 and so far the bull bars look tiny or the brush guard look cheap and wimpy.

If you have any pics of yours and what type, please let me know. Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

use the search bar there is a lot on here. someone even makes them. lots of people make their own. If you're looking to buy one i know kenmtn.com makes them for the explorer. There are several other sites that will make custom bumpers or you can check with one of your local metal fabricators.

I used to have a Manik on my '97. Looked great, IMO:

Attachments

• me3.jpg
    me3.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 4,791

I have a Westin Brush Bar on my 99 Sport and a Manik Push Bar on my 95 XLT.
23950110098_large.jpg

23950110103_large.jpg

23950110130_large.jpg

The Manik came on the 95 but I bought the Westin for my 99 and like it a lot better...

- Jake
218292_medium.jpg

and the first time you hit a deer or somthing thay will fold up into your engine

and the first time you hit a deer or somthing thay will fold up into your engine

doubt that... a moose maybe but not a deer unless the brush guard was installed incorrectly:eek:

You could probably order one that you like the looks of, take some measurements from it then have one made out of better metals. Then return it!!! A custom build will prbably cost a couple hundred dollars more but it'll be stronger than anything you can order form a catalog.

Dont think so back in July I T boned an f150 at 35mph and the gaurd saved my whole frontend!

owch.jpg

owch2.jpg

wow but you still have to do body repair

and spend another few hundred bucks on a ne brush guard

that is true i did not say that they would not stop some of the damage how bad was the other truck?

Yes but looks like that $400 brush guard save thousands in other possible repairs.

Very true and here is a pic of it now with about $80 worth of parts from the junk yard and I painted them for free!

IMG_1370.jpg

now you need to get a new brush guard and maybe get one that will take a winch

Back