brand new member, saying hello!

sashbaum

Reaction score
City, State
Northern Virginia
Year, Model & Trim Level
2015 Ford Explorer Base
Hello all,

Just recently joined the forum, thanks for the opportunity. New Explorer owner as of a few weeks ago. Had an older Jeep GC that was about to die, wanted reliable SUV to seat my three kids for road trips, brother-in-law and two friends have an Explorer and highly recommended. Bought the base model bc limited budget as my wife does not work. *Extremely* happy with it so far, smooth ride, great mileage, has function. Anyway, look forward to being on the forum.

(first project-- plasti dip w/gloss the front grill and rear horizontal chrome, then at some point maybe fog lights?! found you all from searching and finding previous threads on the topic)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hello all,

Just recently joined the forum, thanks for the opportunity. New Explorer owner as of a few weeks ago. Had an older Jeep GC that was about to die, wanted reliable SUV to seat my three kids for road trips, brother-in-law and two friends have an Explorer and highly recommended...

Congrats on becoming the fourth in your group of family/friends with an Explorer, sashbaum! It sounds like you have a nice upgrade on your hands; be sure to post some pics once you go on one of those road trips. Welcome to the forum! :thumbsup:

Crystal

Crystal, thanks glad to be here

BrooklynBay, we actually did the road trip shortly after. So in the three weeks I've had it, 3k miles on it (had 70 on odo when purchased). Very easy to drive, almost effortless, and awesome mpg considering how big it is.

hope that keeps your insurance down!

anyone have experience with plasti dip on the grill, along with a glossifier on top? buddy of mine swears by it, says he does a few coats of the flat black first. saw other post on updating grill but looked like it was a replacement grill already painted black. was curious if anyone here may have done on their explorer

Back