For Sale - Hood Lift Supports | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

For Sale Hood Lift Supports

I have for sale a brand new set of hood lift supports for 1996-2001 Explorer/Mountaineer. Still in the package, only opened them to inspect them. These are made by Strong Arm and go for $11.50 each most places online. I'll let them go for $15.00 for the set shipped in the lower 48. Canada may be a bit higher. Here's a link to check them out. http://www.liftsupportsdepot.com/avm-4026-w-hood/ Thanks for looking.

Edit:
I forgot to mention, the reason I have these is that the site states that they're made in the USA but the ones they sent me were not. I sat on them too long and couldn't send them back and bought another set that were made here.(I'm a little weird that way.) Just didn't want anyone surprised if they look at the link and then the struts are marked "made in Turkey".

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Did you ever test to see if these work good? Looking to fix the slop in mine but I wanna get quality ones.

I didn't, but I can if you like.

Yeah i mean if they work real good i'd definitely buy them. Looking for no slop and max hood lift.

No problem, I'll try them out in the morning and let you know.

Perfect :) Thank you!

Checked them out, good and strong plenty of lift. I had no doubts, these are made by Strong Arm and they make quality stuff. I'm just **** about where my stuff is made! But they work great if you want them.

P.S. : Sorry about not getting back to you sooner, I worked a double and couldn't post my response yesterday.

hood lifts

I 'll take em if still available. im assuming this will work for a 1995.

paypal ok?

thanks.

I 'll take em if still available. im assuming this will work for a 1995.

paypal ok?

thanks.

These won't work for a 1995. 96-01 only according to the manufacturer.

If others fall through I'd take them

These won't work for a 1995. 96-01 only according to the manufacturer.

I don't see why not... When i replaced the weak struts on my 95, I put them on the '00 to sell it. They fit fine.

Not sure myself of what years they fit, but the manufacturers site says 96-01. Didn't want to mislead anyone. If they fit other years then I stand corrected. :)

I think they do fit different years, I know I googled them for my 03 sport and the same part number came up for them, thats why I'm interested in them

I think they do fit different years, I know I googled them for my 03 sport and the same part number came up for them, thats why I'm interested in them

I haven't heard back from the other guys who had posted earlier. I'll send them a PM and see if they're still interested and if I don't hear back they're yours.

PM'd them, haven't heard back yet. I'll give them some time and I'll let you know how it goes frankcal.

Sounds good, thank you

Sure if you think they're good quality I'll take them!

SOLD!

Thanks everyone!

Back