Brandon96's Registry - TruckTruck | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Brandon96's Registry - TruckTruck

Here is my Explorer, 'TruckTruck'.
The truck was bought in late '95 by my father from Universal Ford here in Richmond. Was driven all over by us until '99 when they upgraded to the Expedition. The truck was then sold to my Grandfather to give to his son, My uncle, who used it in high school and college until he bought his Avalanche in '07 when it was given to me. And I in turn did this:

1996 Explorer XLT
-Built 4.0L OHV V6 - Link
-K&N Cold Air Intake System
-Dual 2.5" Flowmasters

Suspension and Drivetrain Mods
-2in. Torsion Twist
-Custom Leaf Springs
-33x12.50 BFGoodrich All-Terrains
-15x8 Crager Soft 8's 4in. Backspace
-4.10 Front and Rear LS Diffs
-Bilstein Shocks

Interior Mods
-LED Dash Conversion
-LED Puddle Lights
-Sony Bluetooth Head Unit
-Kicker speakers all the way around
-Scanguage II
-Truck Bed Cargo Mat

Exterior Mods
-PA-883 3in. Body Lift
-5000K HID headlights
-4300K HID foglights
-LED Reverse Lights
-FireStik2 on Tail Light Mount
-4 Hella FF75's on the roof
-35% Window tint

I will continue to post updates and logging repairs/damages/or work on my truck here:

Thanks for lookin!!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

That sucks, I didn't think it would throw a code because I unplugged the vacuum disconnect pig tail under the hood so that the axle never disengages except when off and has never thrown a code. You may want to try unplugging that also to see if it makes a difference.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

That sucks, I didn't think it would throw a code because I unplugged the vacuum disconnect pig tail under the hood so that the axle never disengages except when off and has never thrown a code. You may want to try unplugging that also to see if it makes a difference.

Your talking about the plug jammed up under the front clip/in front of the OHV's airbox right? I did, and plugged the vacuum reserve with a piece of tube and a BB. Still blinking 4x4 lights... ERRRGGHHH!!!!

Yea....make sure you unplugged the right one since there are two there.

0430002321a.jpg

I unplugged the harness on the left, as well as the two on the right, and vacuum tubes. I took the whole front Diff harness out. Was that correct?

I only have the right side (closest to the fender) disconnected. I just went out and looked. I was doing this for testing purposes.

cid__0716002113.jpg

I only have the right side (closest to the fender) disconnected. I just went out and looked. I was doing this for testing purposes.

I'll look into that, I may have left one in... I'm not %100 positive.

EDIT- nvm, found the entire harness sitting in my basement.

From what I can tell, you left all the vacuum lines hooked up? What did you do with the Diff plug on the other end of the pig tail? The new front diff I got does not have a connection for them.. So I just assumed unplug the whole thing like it was never there :/

I'm going to try your setup, minus the vacuum tubes tomorrow when the sky stops falling.

Yes, I left everything in place and just unplugged the right side as you see there, and have no come up with any codes for 4wd issues.

Update Number 2

I've got a couple of new mods:

img0115xm.jpg

img0096y.jpg

I calculate about 8-12hp from these :p

And I got my 2.5in Duals back on, TIME TO ANNOY THE 5-0 AGAIN!!

img0093hh.jpg

New Mod today, 10/9/10

I made a low profile light bar, I call it 'The Lowe's Special'
(CREDIT TO MUSTANGANDY & THE "$10 Light bar")

- 4ft. of 1in. EMT conduit
- 2 1in furniture caps
- 2 5/8 Nylon spacers
- 4 rubber hose washers
- 2 bolts found in my basement

^^ LOL! :lol:

But I did mount 2 pairs of Hella FF75's on it to make it more legit. 2 outsides are fog, the 2 inside ones are driving.

25914337.jpg

47875262.jpg

95344699.jpg

49332414.jpg

37317569.jpg

I wish I could find the receipt for everything, total was $5.71

thanks for lookin!

Those 33 12.50s are scrum-didilly-yum-sheous!

Haven't updated in a long time, thought I'd do so with some videos!

This is how it looked stock;
(You'd do me a HUGE favor if you watched the first 10 seconds of this video and clicked the add at the bottom of it!!!)

First Start Up, BORING!;

How it sounds now;

Another dumb one.. pulling 1/3 of a tree;

Good looking Ex. Love the stance on it and the wheels.

You have definitely inspired me with this build. I may have taken quite a few ideas from you ;)

Back