Tbars4

Moderator Emeritus
Elite In Memoriam
Reaction score
City, State
anaheim hills,california
Year, Model & Trim Level
95 ranger 4x4/ 91 X 4x4
..Here is the spot for all those who are in the Central and Northern California to get together and post up local activities in your area..

.. as well as introducing yourself so others know there is still life in this region..:D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Howdy howdy all. This thread was so graciously made for us, so lets have at. Anyone who likes to wheel or just likes to throw a few lines in (out of the way of those "people" as we shall call them) or near the central to southern sierra nevadas and surrounding areas, lets get together and make some run plans. Maybe a trial day or even one for discussion up here on the forum.. There are a grip of trails and day use ready to see a few explorers/ rangers or whatever from mild to wild showing the others how its done. Lets get it started!

Just south of Sacramento, always looking to wheel with others

Right on guys! Sorry it's been a while since I've been on the forum. Lol. I recently got a 1990 ranger xlt that I am explorerizing. It has the lame D28 and 7.5 rear. I'm gonna swap the d35 and 8.8 from my X. Then eventually build my X as a full width possibly. Who knows. Lol.

Anyway, come tax time I plan to get some 4.88s and maybe a locker for the front to throw in the axles before I swap them into the ranger. While I've got em out yeah? This is my daily, so progress is kinda slow but I have to track down some stock 2.9 headers and a y pipe for smog.

So wheelin has taken a back seat for now at least for me. I've gotta get this poor barn sour ranger back to being reliable first. I've already done the dual core radiator swap from the a4ld explorer. Plus the explorer was my donor for the dash and seats ( I just had to swap the old brackets from the ranger onto the newer explorer ones.)

So if you guys don't mind runnin with another of fords creatures when I've got it ready in a month or two, I'm game!!

Thanks all for the replies, hopefully this can become a good tool for us mid Cal folk to plan some outtings.

Oh yeah, did I mention is has a 4 inch suspension lift with 33s, 3.73s and no body trimming or body lift? How? Not sure but the brackets measure the same from my explorer lift to this one. . . I'm just stoked I got to use my brand new tires with less than 100 miles on them instead of having to sell em. B)

I'm in Fresno/Clovis.

Stockon
DSCN1507_zps366aa1c8.jpg

vq5speed - I was just in Stockton today. We did Easter early at my grandma's house.

...I was just up in Rancho Cordova and one of our vendors RuffStuff is up that way..:)

I need some help with gear installs. . .

How and dee! I have a 92 explorer that currently has the dana 35 ttb and the 8.8 in the rear. I have 3.73's and an lsd in the rear. I am looking to put in some 4.88's or 4.56's. This will be around tax time, so I am getting the word out there now.

Is there anyone in the central valley area that knows how and will be able to do them? I will pay and assist when needed.

400 an axle at hardcore seems a little steep, but I don't want to have problems with it afterward either. I have never done gear installs before and need someone with the know how and tools.

Vq5speed, those head lights are awesome! Where did you get them and for how much?

I'm in Sac myself. Although my X is not an off-roader, more like a street ride.

IMAG0156.jpg

That's pretty damn cool! I could even play with that a bit while I'm in there. Right on, thanks.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

How and dee! I have a 92 explorer that currently has the dana 35 ttb and the 8.8 in the rear. I have 3.73's and an lsd in the rear. I am looking to put in some 4.88's or 4.56's. This will be around tax time, so I am getting the word out there now.

Is there anyone in the central valley area that knows how and will be able to do them? I will pay and assist when needed.

400 an axle at hardcore seems a little steep, but I don't want to have problems with it afterward either. I have never done gear installs before and need someone with the know how and tools.

If you are on facebook look for the group called Fresno area 4wd parts exchange. There are a few guys on there that do gear setup that might be cheaper. Usually is cheaper if you pull the front diff yourself and sometimes pull the rear axle as well.

Back