How much would it cost to lift a 1994 Ford Explorer? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

How much would it cost to lift a 1994 Ford Explorer?

suto

Reaction score
City, State
Wyoming
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 Ford Explorer
Hi, I have a 1994 Ford Explorer. I like to do off roading and would like to put a lift on my truck. I am a high schooler so I don't have a really high budget. I only want to lift it maybe 2 to 3 inches because I don't want to make it unbalanced, just enough to clear a few more objects. I just recently had a re-manufactured engine in it so I have no intention of getting a new vehicle. What would be the different options to lift it and how much do you think they would cost? Also, any advice on how to stop or get rid of rust would be nice also (especially on the bottom of the truck).

Hi, I have a 1994 Ford Explorer. I like to do off roading and would like to put a lift on my truck. I am a high schooler so I don't have a really high budget. I only want to lift it maybe 2 to 3 inches because I don't want to make it unbalanced, just enough to clear a few more objects. I just recently had a re-manufactured engine in it so I have no intention of getting a new vehicle. What would be the different options to lift it and how much do you think they would cost? Also, any advice on how to stop or get rid of rust would be nice also (especially on the bottom of the truck).

There is a lot of information on the site for cheap options to lift your truck. For a relatively cheap amount, you can create enough room for 33's. I can't remember off hand, but if you search around you will find it.

Well for Starters if you only want 2-3" of lift , you can get Skyjacker 2" lift coils with Front shocks , then get the front end aligned , in the rear you can get Warrior Shackles Part Number WAR-153 I Believe , OR You Can Get A 2" Or 3" Body lift and There Pretty Easy to Put On If your Truck Was Not Rusty , For the Rust ,I prefer Rust-oleum Paint , But Other Than That I Do Not Know Much About The rust Issue In Wyoming , I've Drove Through There Once Or Twice Though

Sorry and Welcome To The Site , First Gens Are Pretty Easy To Learn With Btw !

Back