how to install replace headlight ford explorer 2013 Part Number: 13008 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

how to install replace headlight ford explorer 2013 Part Number: 13008

jones the car

Reaction score
City, State
Indiana
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 explorer sport
Hi! Gang
I ‘am trying to fit a new headlight assembly (Part Number: 13008) to my explorer sports, looks simple, but is it? Has anyone attempted this and what are the pitfalls? I can see 1 securing nut and 1 clip are there other fixing screws, nut, bolts lurking,
Many thanks
Jonesy
:thumbsup:

Hi! Gang
I ‘am trying to fit a new headlight assembly (Part Number: 13008) to my explorer sports, looks simple, but is it? Has anyone attempted this and what are the pitfalls? I can see 1 securing nut and 1 clip are there other fixing screws, nut, bolts lurking,
Many thanks
Jonesy
:thumbsup:
Hi Jonesy. Are you replacing the OEM headlight assembly with the same type or the HID unit? Both seem to have the same part number although the HID unit appears to have more items not shown there.
Have you checked out www.fordparts.com? It shows what looks like 3 bolts but I'm not sure if that is all there really is.

Peter

Hi! Pete
I’m trying to remove and replace using the original ford headlight assembly for a 2013 sport (part No 13008) on their diagram it shows the two top fixings, which I can see but it also shows two blind fixings one looks like a screw and it’s behind the grill and the other I assume is a clip. Looking on another thread “front grill removal” on the picture he has posted with the grill removed there is no sign of a screw fixing hiding there, I don’t want to start on this project till I have some idea what I am doing.
Jonesy

Back