Adding a heated windshield...

CanAdrenalin

Reaction score
City, State
Toronto
Year, Model & Trim Level
2010 Sport Trac Adrenalin
Does anyone know if this is possible?

I had it on my 2008 ST, and when the winter rolled around, it was the best feature you could ask for...

I'm pretty sure the wiring for the dash switch is already behind cluster, but does anyone know if the contacts are already located at the windshield, and if this would be a plug & play mod?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

*bump*

I'm interested as well

CanAdrenalin- Was there another switch to turn this feature on or did it turn on when you hit the defrost button?

*bump*

I'm interested as well

CanAdrenalin- Was there another switch to turn this feature on or did it turn on when you hit the defrost button?

There was a separate switch solely for the windshield defroster. It would have been located on the far left side where the heated seat buttons are located.

Check your fuse/relay box under the hood. If there is no wiring there feeding the slot where the relay would sit, then I'd suspect there isn't full wiring elsewhere. I assumed retrofitting the power sliding rear window would be plug-n-play as well.

A new heated windshield from Ford has a list price of nearly $700, $450 on rockauto plus nearly $100 s/h (all USD). From schematics it looks like the glass has 2 pigtails along the bottom - one on each side. I think this is tucked under the dash because I don't recall seeing mine anywhere.

I've decided to put this one to rest... My factory remote starter and ice scraper work just fine.

On my 2010, instead of a heated windshield, I have heated mirrors. The button is where the heated windshield button used to be, between the seat heat buttons. I think they stopped offering the heated windshield option in 2007 or 2008 for some reason.

I'd imagine that the relay and other wiring for the windshield is now used for the mirrors in '10...

On my 2010, instead of a heated windshield, I have heated mirrors. The button is where the heated windshield button used to be, between the seat heat buttons. I think they stopped offering the heated windshield option in 2007 or 2008 for some reason.

I'd imagine that the relay and other wiring for the windshield is now used for the mirrors in '10...

You might be right... In my old 2008 Limited, I had ONLY a heated windshield, but no heated mirrors... I remember being very disappointed upon delivery of my truck at the time...

My 2007 has heated windshield AND side mirrors. The one button controls both. My truck is garage kept day & night so I don't get to take advantage of either. In fact, I'm only reminded of the heated windshield when the sun hits it at the right angle, I can see the dazzle on the toaster element lines. Occasionally I'll see the lines at night under certain street lights. Its weird.

On the flip side, I really wanted to the sliding rear window, which my 07 does not have. When I looked for wiring, there was none installed. Nothing at the relay box, nothing at the overhead console for the switch, and nothing on the rear wall of the cab. I could probably DIY and make it work, but was hoping for plug & play.

I really wanted to the sliding rear window, which my 07 does not have. When I looked for wiring, there was none installed. Nothing at the relay box, nothing at the overhead console for the switch, and nothing on the rear wall of the cab. I could probably DIY and make it work, but was hoping for plug & play.

thats interesting that the 07's don't even have wiring for the rear window... I believe the sliding window will fit, as they are the same shape. when I was shopping for a gen 2, I seriously considered a 2007 and assumed that I could retrofit a power rear window, but it was one of the main reasons I didn't buy the '07, one of my favorite features of the truck...

Back