How To: First Gen Rear Window with Cables Fix | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

How To: First Gen Rear Window with Cables Fix

..I hesrd he was getting out of the business .:(

..You could also check your local craig list for part outs but jy is still the best..

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

dredwolf I pm'd him to get my reg. so you did the right thing . I should go ahead & get the other side before he gets out of the business as tbars4 has said !!! This update is the way to go . This forum is the way to go . :salute:
Thanks to all again !!

I have sent a PM to kbabiac, is that still the best way to reach him?

I have a u-pull yard near me, but it got "assimilated" by LKQ recently, and I have not been since they added more fees for yard access, so I was hoping to pick up the tracks at least.

Thanks,

Dredwolf

IF you can get them from him yes. Drilling the rivets at the junkyard sucks, but worth it in the end.

OR if you want to wait another week (presently out of town), I have a pair of upgraded motors and regulators in my old doors, motors seemed a little weak but worked. And the motors are easier to get than the tracks.

PM me if your interested.

I have sent a PM to kbabiac, is that still the best way to reach him?

I have a u-pull yard near me, but it got "assimilated" by LKQ recently, and I have not been since they added more fees for yard access, so I was hoping to pick up the tracks at least.

Thanks,

Dredwolf

He PM'd me back :D

Work has been crazy, so I did not have much time to check the forums, but he's got a good deal. Now just to figure out how to pay him ;) and we'll get my daughter's ride back in shape, and then I might try to locate the parts at the local U-Pull.

Dredwolf

Well......

Another problem has kinda taken priority from the rear doors, but I still need the parts.

My daughter ran the '91 hot and probably cracked the heads, but I am not picking up a single wrench to work on it until she saves up $200 to start.

I may try the junk yard route for the window hardware.

Can this also work in the same way with the front windows?

No...your front windows do not have cables. They have nylon bushings..:hammer:

Okay so I'd just have to buy another regulator from the parts store or whatever? Wasn't sure if there was a great trick to them or not in the front ..........

Back