Wiring harness for 95-CD changer | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Wiring harness for 95-CD changer

stann59

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
1995 explorer
Hey everyone, I have a 95 XLT with an in dash stereo with AM/FM, cassette w a CD button but no CD player. I bought a used CD changer on Ebay which I took to Best Buy to have installed. They could not come up with the wiring harness for the CD changer. As best as I can figure the changer is a Clarion Part # P87F-18D830-AB/Assembly Part #F87f-18C849-AC (I could be off on a couple of these numbers/letters very faded) it was sold on Ebay as being for a 95. Any ideas? I've searched thru online and come up empty, I may not have entered the proper search who knows, anyways it seems like there should be some way to hook this up, maybe this is the wrong changer? Any info would be appreciated, thanks, Stan

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I have a Clarion cd changer and wiring harness from an 97 Explorer I believe it was, it fits the earlier pre-98 radio. I got it with the long console, I never used it, but I did test it and it powers on and the eject button works. It's been sitting in the closet for a while, I have no use for it, so if you wanted it, you could have it and the harness, I'd give it to you free.

The Clarion cd changer part number is F77F-18C830-AB

Hey....that sounds like it might be worth a shot!!! I appreciate the offer....how do we set this up? I'd gladly pay the postage.....get back at me and we'll set it up....thanks again, Stan

I'll send you a pm.

I sent you a private message on here. This site has helped me so much, it's good to be able to help someone else in return.

Back