Lift kit 4th generation? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

BISHOPSEXPLORER

Reaction score
City, State
Hood River, Oregon
Year, Model & Trim Level
'06 XLT
Does anyone know if there is any kind of lift kit (including body lift spacers) available for a 4th generation 2006 Ford Explorer? I have been having trouble finding parts for this year.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I dont know to much about the Road Bully lifts. That may work on a 4th gen being they work on the 3rd gen but I havent seen one done. I am really interested in it aswell.

Roadbully Offroad says they will work, and there are some on here who have used them. See the thread in the 02-05 section for details.
I have a set of 2.5" strut spacers coming for mine.

Yes Road-Bully lift spacers will work with your 4th gen. Check out the link or check out his website. Good luck with the build, post some pics as you go along.

strut spacers

Does anyone know if there is any kind of lift kit (including body lift spacers) available for a 4th generation 2006 Ford Explorer? I have been having trouble finding parts for this year.

i purchased, and love, my Truxx strut spacers, gave me about 4 inches of lift total, 2.5 front spacers and 2.25 rear, and i got them on a site for cheaper than the actual seller Truxx. off a site called truckeo.com the link is - http://www.truckeo.com/products/2006%2d2009-Ford-Explorer-and-Ford-Sport-Trac-Lift-Kit.html
hope it works out, theres also a ranger body lift that works for an additional 3" if you need/want it, but i can fit a 285 75 r15 with just the truxx lift tho i recommend a 265 75 r15

Back