zerodevil

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Anchorage, AK
Year, Model & Trim Level
2008 White Limited V8
Hey everyone!

It's been ages! I figured I would Annouunce my return to EF. I'm starting off my shenanigans by doing wheel hubs. Full front suspension rebuild. And a two inch drop with eibach sway bars. I will do pics and the likes. Parts are on the way to me from summit racing. Anyways. Who's still around and has anyone done anything groundbreaking since I left?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome back bro! Going all the way for bolt ons like your last X?

Same explorer actually. Shes just been living under a rock for awhile lol. Ultimately. I want to get a 5.4 with forged internals. Trick flow heads + cams. And a supercharger. That's all a few years off. My explorer quit being my daily driver once I couldnt figure out an electric gremlin. Replaced her with a 2005 silverado z71 lol. Pretty stoaked about having her running again though.

I was wondering where you went!!! Welcome back;)

I'm still where I'm at but will be redoing the suspension soon. Maybe a few light mods and get a 14.99 in the 1/4......maybe.

Limited I was wondering if you were still around!! Thanks :)

I will let you know if the suspension stuff is worth it. I've been wondering for years how these babys would do with a slight drop. Stiffer sway bars. And premium struts. It will be nice to set the record straight! After that I'm doing baer drilled and slotted rotors with premium pads.. need to build her from the ground up. At some point I should probably lose the stock 16 inch rims too.. sigh. Yaaay another money pit lol.

I spend more time lurking now since I haven't really done anything. Started a new job last month that pays better, so I'm focusing on my school debt and then after that, I can go nuts:D

I'm going to replace the wheel bearings, struts and cut the springs for about a 1/1.5" drop and get the rear diff fixed. I'll let you know how it rides after the spring cut. If the springs are not a progressive rate, then the ride shouldn't change at all and if they are progressive.......whoops:D

Welcome back!! :salute:

Limited, what are you having done to your rear diff? Excuse the slight thread jack

No worries! I'm also interested! Thanks rondo. Its good to be back.

Limited, what are you having done to your rear diff? Excuse the slight thread jack

She's a whiner so I want to shut her up....:D

I want to get it rebuilt, but will more likely do it myself.

Good to see you back bro! always liked your explorer!

Welcome back! Glad to hear you still have your X and still working on it.

... Ultimately I want to get a 5.4 with forged internals. Trick flow heads + cams. And a supercharger. That's all a few years off. ....

I'm thinking of something similar in a few years down the track when she's no longer the family wagon. I was thinking perhaps a coyote swap. :D

I got a bunch of stuff done on here today. I installed the timkin wheel hubs and did a full fluid change minus the transmission. I have to say the ride quality went way up after those new hubs. I must of had a really bad one. Now I'm just waiting on the struts. The lowering springs. And those sway bars to ship out of from summit racing. Looks like I'm dead in the water untill the 13th. But I think we all agree its going to be Friggin sweet lol.

Standing by for the pics..................:popcorn:

I got a bunch of stuff done on here today. I installed the timkin wheel hubs and did a full fluid change minus the transmission. I have to say the ride quality went way up after those new hubs. I must of had a really bad one. Now I'm just waiting on the struts. The lowering springs. And those sway bars to ship out of from summit racing. Looks like I'm dead in the water untill the 13th. But I think we all agree its going to be Friggin sweet lol.

Any idea what you are doing for wheels? Keep us updated on how the ride turns out because I'll be hitting you up for part numbers.

Rondo, I didn't do pics or a write up for the hubs as some one has already done one. But you can count on a bunch for the control arms. Tie rod ends. Sway bars. And the strut replacement.

Limited. I Havnt found a set I want yet. Deffinately going to be a gloss black 5 spoke 20 inch. I want to do 10 to 12 wide on the rear and 8 wide up front. Hoping for some crazy supercharged launches!!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

welcome back

Back