aux lighting setups

AaronE19

Reaction score
City, State
Houghton, Michigan
Year, Model & Trim Level
'93 Sport
hello all-
I posted this message over on the 'sport truck' board, but went a few days without any insight. so, maybe someone over here can help:
I was curious, does anyone make a prerunner bumper or safari bar, or even a brush/grill guard that doesn't look awful (a stipulation that I've come to find excludes most products on the market) for our aging explorers (mine's a '93)? I'm not interested in mounting a winch or anything (she's 160k old, the off road stage of her existance is over for the most part), but I do an enormous amount of middle-of-the-night highway runs and I'd like to have the luxury of spotting deer before their inevitable dash in front of my truck, so I'm thinking a nice dose of auxiliary lighting will do the trick. thanx

------------------
'93 2-Door 4x4 4.0 sohc
Dynomax Super Turbo muffler & custom pipe
Hedman TEMS hedders
K&N drop-in (don't bother dropping the cash,
if you're thinking about it) & modified box
31/10.5 goodyear wrangler gs/a's
Bilstein Shocks
platinum 4+ plugs & Accel wires
6-disk and infinity sound all around
in the works:
kkm intake, nerf bars, prerunner bumper & fat lights...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

awful? Hmm... I wouldn't say AWFUL... I have the Warn winch mount front brush guard where I also have a set of PIAA 520 fog lights mounted... I think it looks good myself, kinda blocky but I have seen much worse. You can check it out, I'm feature explorer #2 or at http://bart.is-s.com/~explorers/madams/ It's probably not what your looking for though... I think its tough to make a good looking brush guard for the front since it starts out so blocky...

------------------
Matt Adams
94 Explorer 4-door nick-named "Tippy"
http://bart.is-s.com/~explorers/madams/

I had a Smittybilt "Bumper Thumper" on my BroncoII. Made me happy: in powder coat black, it was $99 from Cepek's in Las Vegas. To add the Brush Guard things on the side, add $90 or so.

About $100 additional for Chrome.

Installation requireed only two 3/8" hole4s under the bumper, and mopst of the mounting was direct to holes in the frame. About a hour to mount it...20 minutes if you're handier than me.

JC Witless had the same thing for the Exploder with the brush guard extensions for $189, but the shipping might be stiff...

Explorer Express has a pretty good looking safari bar. Just click on the banner on top of the page to get a catalog.
The safari bar is not in their online catalog.

------------------
Peter
'99 Sport 4wd SOHC

Dick Cepek also sells a pretty cool pre-runner light bar. I think its only like $130, too.

------------------
Play like you mean it!
'92 XLT

wow, thanks guys, I appreciate the responses... maybe I'll post a picture of her when all's finished (with the spotlights blazing and smoke billowing from the tires, of course)

Back