Worst stuck pic thread | Page 47 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Worst stuck pic thread

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

Cool pics... You're lucky you didn't do more damage or smash the windshield..

It was near Bowie, TX. Someone came Sat. morning to get me out of the mud hole, and the second one I put the winch in the back reciever and got myself out with help from Mr. Tree. They got craters like this all over the place, and this one was half into the road. Couldn't see it coming up the little hill, just fell right in. Just a smashed fender, dented door, and broke off mirror. Well worth the pictures I got out of it!

Yeah because an explorer wouldn't make it that far in the first place.

Say's the guy from Florida with a 2002. Mad respect bro, you keep wheeling that IRS on the beach

Actually I drive a jeep grand cherokee now. That leaves Florida on a regular basis. You keep wheeling that ifs.

Actually I drive a jeep grand cherokee now. That leaves Florida on a regular basis. You keep wheeling that ifs.
I think you are on the wrong forum then..

Really? I would have never guessed. There's still a few ppl on here I help out every now and then and keep up with. And I still get emails from old threads I posted in.

Guess i can post this in here! Buddy and I were out playing in the snow a couple weeks ago. 4.10's with limited slip, she was eating up anything we threw at it. Going threw snow drifts, climbing ditches, spinning around.

Then we were driving down a back road when we caught a rut that jerked the front end around, about a 1/4 mile down the road i noticed the front end was acting weird. So we pulled over and looked, the front tires were like this / \ except alot more extreme.... The driver side steering knuckle shattered.

So my buddy started kicking the tire straight as we backed for over a mile and a half (at 1.30 am) to find an intersection so that we could get ahold of another buddy to come get us. Ended up leaving the truck there over night and had to trailer it home the next day...

This was the deciding factor to go with a solid d44 for my truck... going in with in the next month or so...

busted_zpsae1c8a80.jpg

Too much mud for me, I hate mud it causes too much damage to the IFS and other parts. I'll go through it but would rather take my chances over huge rocks.

Too much mud for me, I hate mud it causes too much damage to the IFS and other parts. I'll go through it but would rather take my chances over huge rocks.

See my post in the Lifted ST pictures thread. I think you'll understand. I wish we had avoided it too.

Not my worst but this is what happens when you have to.girls in your truck telling you to go for it lol i was 2wd and new that i was going to get stuck. You cant see it but my axle went under the mud

Attachments

• CAM01025.jpg
    CAM01025.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 938

Sweet pic...it looks like you could make it through lots of mud holes that would swallow mine hole. :salute:

If i had 4wd i might have went further lol. If you have 4wd you could probably do pretty well theres a guy here in town with a stock size ranger with 31s and he has went through some stuff that shocks me that he isnt gettin stuck

It seems the TTB becomes a huge plow when going through mud. That's what always causes me to get stuck.

First time out with my 97, cooked the trans that day, couldn't get any wheel speed..... I could move back and forth in the hole but just couldn't get the momentum to get out

1042009_zps0a670b9f.jpg

1042010_zps8cd82fc8.jpg

Now thats a nice picture. This was yesterday my friend just got it so he had to show me that toyotas could wheel. That funny saying o its not that deep when you friend gets out his side and looks then i realize waters coming in my side. also the one picture why its lifted and straight axle now

Attachments

• CAM01062.jpg
    CAM01062.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 857
  • CAM01061.jpg
    CAM01061.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 835
  • tree stump.jpg
    tree stump.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 846

Wow, some really cool pics. I notice that either 3rd gens are rubbish off road and people dont take them out or (and the option I like) is they are too good to get stuck. There seems to be only about 3 out of all those cars that are 3rd gen wagons.

This was a couple of years ago on a fishing trip on Galveston Beach.

Decided to try out my new 33's and got stuck doing a 3 point turn to AVOID getting stuck. :rolleyes:

IMAG0073.jpg

IMAG0074.jpg

Toasted the LS, busted a foglight and bent the bumper support. TOTALLY worth it.

Breaking stuff, not the greatest moment....

Pics, awesome!! Absolutely love this truck, Kris does amazing work!!!! Love those wheels, have a near mint set sitting in the basement, may have to bust them out....

Back