2" Torsion Twist
1" Body lift
Bilstein 4600 Shocks
Mevotech TTX Ball Joints and Upper Control Arms
Extended swaybar links

Interior
Limited Steering wheel with redundant radio and digital temp controls
Digital HVAC
Custom leather upholstery (red leather in place of perforated leather)

Electronics/Communications
CB Radio

Exterior
Custom chili pepper red Paint PPG concept
Tupperware removed and holes welded up
"Serious Explorations" license plate frames front and back
Cut and re-welded front fenders 5" to clear larger tires
Limited Color Keyed Front Grill
Painted Rear Bumper
Chopped front bumper bed-lined

Sound
JVC KW-NT300 Nav/DVD/CD head unit
PAC adapter for steering wheel controls
Kicker DS68 6x8 Coaxial speakers
OEM 8" sub
SiriusXM

Exhaust
Flowmaster Super 44

Replaced:
Fuel tank
Cats
Tailpipe
Leaf Springs
Steering Rack
Inner Tie Rods
Front 4.10 Diff
Water Pump
CPS and Synchronizer
Radiator
A/C System
Front O2 Sensors
Muffler
Wheel Bearings
Multiple Fuel Pumps
Motor Mounts
Transmission mount

Rebuilt
Transmission
Engine

Kris' Old Registry

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

Installed my safari bar today. Install was pretty easy, all grade 8 hardware, however I did not like that the bracing bracket was just stamped metal instead of the 3/8" stuff they used on the actual mount. In any case I did a little mod work of my own.

Safari Bar
2014-03-12191239.jpg

Cut apart an old shackle I had and with some rough cuts fashioned brackets to support the bar and reduce flex and stress on the mounting bolts,
2014-03-12191250.jpg

2014-03-12191257.jpg

I used left over metal scraps to reinforce the bracing brackets. Used my handy welder (Love this thing!). Please excuse the welds. They did penetrate, but the flux wire is some crappy stuff that came with the welder and I am still learning.
2014-03-12191313.jpg

2014-03-12191307.jpg

Now the bar is strong enough for me to sit on (380lbs) and lift up the truck with very little flex. The bar will also protect the lower part of my radiator from rocks and work as a pretty good bull bar.

Almost MOAB ready!

Tip: More heat, slower wire speed.

Anyway to add a plate across that to turn it into a skid? Be more of a bash bar that way.

How much did it lower your approach angle?

Probably by a couple of inches, but I'll gain that back when I put my 33's back on.

Yeah that is my plan but I need to find the right material to do it.

FR-425 said:
Almost MOAB ready!

Tip: More heat, slower wire speed.

Thanks for the tip FR-425!

You still have the rubber air dam for under the bumper?

Looks like they had that in mind when they designed the thing, sits pretty low.

Looks like that would clear my limited edition air dam. But I'm go'n with a class III hitch up front.

Hey, they make'n ya run front plates is TX now?

It looks worse than it is. My front bumper is trimmed pretty high plus I have a 1" BL. Once I put the original back on it will look better and not be such a glaring issue.

As for the license plate, I just never took it off.

Body lift.... .. .got it

Finally got the 33's back on Red.

Have the 4.10 axle put together and ready to go into the truck. Did some painting on the diff cover to make it look a bit cooler. Also installed new discs, parking brake shoes, and a Spartan locker

2014-04-09200145.jpg

2014-04-09200408.jpg

I have Rancho's on the way to replace my old worn out cheap shocks and I still need to get the lower ball joints replaced. Man this is going to be a busy weekend.

OK, Ok, I think the paint is taking things a little to far!

(jealous):bounce:

(concerned):crazy:

(sickened):rolleyes:

Just playing with the paint. It came out okay.

Btw RF stands for Red Flyer, Bulls new name.

Just playing with the paint. It came out okay.

Btw RF stands for Red Flyer, Bulls new name.

Just pull'n your leg.

I like it!

Just painted mine black, (boring)

Decal kits are available for those, you know?

Red Flyer, huh.. .. .. .:D

radioflyer7_zps0a90b732.jpg

Axle is in and chirping nicely. :burnout: Surprisingly, I don't even hear the clunking from the locker. I guess that Royal Purple stuff is good and BTW is actually purple!

Still have the ball joints and front diff to install. Unfortunately, RA was out of the 5347 Ranchos for the front and all I have are the rears. I'll be ordering those once they get back in stock.

Then some cosmetic stuff, speed sensor for the radio, CB stuff, etc. Should be Moab bound at the last minute. :p

Moab fell through, so Red is sitting in a half in half out way. Had a hell of a time changing out the lower ball joint on the driver's side. Wound up having to cut it out. Took me 12 hours (from off work to going to work) to get that done and to put in the new 4.10 front diff. Still have the passenger side to do, (dreading that), replace all the shocks (finally got all the Ranchos in) and replace the pinion seal on the front diff. Damn thing leaks like a sieve.

Fighting stuck Ball joints is no fun. I feel you there.

I started using MAP gas in the hand torch getting them super hot, before I even attempt to remove them anymore. Made it a lot easier for me. I'm old, so the less I have to hammer, the better. LOL!

Good luck with the pinion seal. That's a job I truly dislike.

I had to replace the pinion seal and the passenger side ball joints in a rush when my Dodge crapped out on the way to work. I seem to do good work under pressure. All the Ranchos are in as well.

Unfortunately a week later I was getting sub-double digit MPG. Found out I had tightened the pinion nut too much and had to do it all over again. Pain in the butt.

In any case, with the purchase of Sky, Red is now going to get the V8 she deserves. Her V6 drive train is going in Sky to replace the sport's high mileage engine and grenaded transmission as well as converting it to 4WD.

Red got a thorough cleaning. Unfortunately I was still unable to remove the gear oil smell, even with removing the rear carpet.

Some new glitches to pop up include a bad passenger door lock actuator and a broken blend door. Also seems the window motor I ordered for the passenger door was for the wrong side. :rolleyes: You know NOBODY sits on that side, why is it the one giving me trouble.

Oh yeah, driving without swaybar links is a BAD idea. Just a heads up to those wondering...

I traded in Sky to Kris and Russell at Bandit Customs. However, Red is getting a v8 and is currently sitting at BC for a donor, which I will hopefully have by the end of the week.

I am looking into doing a vac disconnect diff for the front so I can put a locker in. Moab here I come!

Back