Collision damage to 7-pin Bargman connector | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Collision damage to 7-pin Bargman connector

My wife was stopped at a red light in the Mounty, with 2 other cars stopped behind her. Some idiot rear-ended that 3rd car, with chain reaction bumping the Mounty. The idiot took off, leaving 3 ladies shocked, and no description of the offender. No injuries, no tickets issued, and we have a report number if needed.

The Class III/IV hitch took the majority of the load (the middle car has a hole in their hood from the chain-loop). Not even a scuff on our bumper. However, the hinged cap on the 7-way wiring connector got smashed, including destroying the rubber seal. I don't want moisture getting in there, so need to correct it.

All that to ask:
Does anybody know if I can just replace that hinged lid to the 7-pin Bargman? Or do I need to replace the entire socket and/or harness?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Ill bet your going to have to replace the whole connector.
I can't find just the hinged cover by any manufacturer listed as a replacement.

I think I found a replacement on etrailer.com that will reuse the internal section (which has all the wires attached), and only replace the outside socket/housing. The listing even provided the 4 corner hole-pattern size, so I'm going to check that tonight.

I'm impressed!

This was a piece of cake to replace. It's obvious that this is the identical part that Pollak supplies to the OEM market, except "POLLAK" instead of OEM logos.

Highly recommend, assuming you have an OEM factory tow package. See link to 4 pics below.

Photobucket Link

Back