• Register Today It's free!

i rear ended some one today....

schmidlkofer

Reaction score
City, State
thornton, colorado.
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 XLT
so today i was leaving school and we were on a city street and he acted like he was going to blow the stop sign and at the last second he slammed on his breaks and i hit him it was lame but he drove off right away. but of course i being a good person went to the police station got a report made. the officer said i could be sighted for following to close but im not to worried about it i hope they dont find the person....o ya and only damage to me was my ford licence plate in the front...nothing a little glue couldnt fix.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

im still pissed...

i've seen many fords get in hit in my school parking lot.
most never show damage - yet another reason i like my explorer.

Ha.. you go to the police after someone you hit drove off because you were being a good citizen..... AND the officer tells you that you could be cited. Gotta love that haha.. I bet he had a warrant or suspended lisence or something.

hahahaha yeah it was prety bad....well i see the kid at school but i dont know his name.....oh well his trunk was so screwed. if the kid reports it i may get a ticket but im not worried about.

That's cool all that was damaged was your license plate, someone rearended me in december (350 Superduty) and all that had been damaged were the rear bumper brackets.

You did the right thing going to the police and all in order to protect yourself against the other dude saying it was a hit and run. Why? because if that part of the law is similar to what we have here, the person who rearends someone is always at fault, you need pretty hardcore evidence in order to switch the fault over to the rearended guy here...

well lol he hit me and ran off i pulled over and stopped but he just went along....it was a wierd incident but i went to the cops so he could not turn around and say i left...i dont want him to lie. but ill see what happens within the next few days...o ya and i just looked my bumper moved down a little bit but i can fix it no problem. oh welll.....

what do you think about the situation...i hit him and he drove off? my fault...yes but what about him driving off and not even stopping.

Your fault yes but he will also be introuble if he turns it in. Fleeing from the sight of a accident. He can be charged with this. So you in the clear. I wouldnt worry about it.

what do you think about the situation...i hit him and he drove off? my fault...yes but what about him driving off and not even stopping.
Only in Oklahoma :D

sweet sweet makes me feel a little better....pretty sad my bumper comes up to the top of his trunk.

Only in Oklahoma :D

i know i hate this place im originally from phoenix arizona i miss the place....well look at the bright side there i probably would have been shot. or would have hit an illegal....not so bad. but anyways....yes only in oklahoma.

Yeah...I t-boned a guy when i was on 33's...it was not pretty....now im on 36's and would hate to ever see that again.

This actually happoned to me once. I left my 6 pm class and was pulling up to a red light with someone in front of me. Well i slipped off the break pedal and it just taped the car in front of me. Couldnt have been doing 2mph...lol But she flies off lookin back saying a few words...So I was like great what do i do. So start to follow her. She was booking. I turned where i thought she turned and then all the sudden she flies by me and whips a uturn. So i pull in a parking lot and she follows. I get out and look see a small dent where the bracket of my bumper clipped the top of here trunk lid. She gets out and goes did you hit me? I wanted to smack the girl then. I said yes and she looks at her car and is like i dont see a dent. Im staring at one almost pointing at it...She gets in the car and flies off before i could even say anyting.

Oh well stuff happens. Just got to let it go.

haha yeah but see im the only one at my school with a lifted vehicle and its sitting on 36's its pretty obvious but im going to not drive it so school for a couple days....after it happened i was pulling brake light lens out of my liscence plate thing in the front haha. oh well good thing the kid i hit is taking auto collision class.

I would drive it on to school. He left. He is out. He only has so many hours to report it(i think that is right).

i think its like 24 hours to report it... lol so ill just not drive it tomorrow or park down the street and go on with my life after that. o ya and since my bumper shifted down do i need to just loosten the bolts and re adjust.?

Yeah you should be able to do that. Should be a really easy fix.

ok cool. well thanks and good night. i think...

Back