For Those With Issues with their Ex | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

For Those With Issues with their Ex

tmg19103

Reaction score
City, State
Philadelphia, PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 XLT AWD
Yeah, you tend to get people with issues on any car forum. That's why many people seek them out. And, any manufacturer can have the occasional lemon.

Case in point - the below YouTube by a Porsche owner. I followed this guy's first YouTube's on his Porsche and how much he first liked it and all the neet options he got - which put his 911 well over $100k.

And then he has to go through what he describes in the below YouTube with over 1 million views in the past few days.

No car by any manufacturer - even esteemed German maker Porsche - will ever be perfect even when it is a pretty clean car. There was a thread where I described some of the warts on my Ex, but I went into state how I was overall happy with the Ex. I like it more and more every day - even as a used car I recently bought with over 30k miles on it.

So, count your blessings compared to this guy, and if you have had some serious problems with your Ex, it can happen with all manufacturers.

That being said, this forum is a great place to get issues resolved, the Ford reps online here are great, and posting about problems with your Ex generally gets them resolved. For those very few posters who will never buy a Ford product again, just don't buy this guy's Porsche:

http://youtu.be/-eXUnZrykDY

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I can say that I feel this guys pain. I lemon lawed a 2002 VW Passat W8 back in 2003. After 13 months pf ownership it was in the shop 14 times with over 32 separate issues and it was out of service 62 days, 35 of which it was not drivable and sitting the dealers service lot waiting on a technician to come from Germany to repair the drivers side cylinder bank cam position sensors that had failed along with the massive recall VW had back in that day concerning coil pack failures world wide that affected nearly every VW sold between 2000 and 2002... all said and done they bought back the vehicle and payed me back all funds I spent on the car to include all payments but not taxes. They subtracted a usage fee of 55 cents a mile based on the mileage of the car when I filed my first complaint with the BBB!

if you have had some serious problems with your Ex, it can happen with all manufacturers.

Yes you can have problems with any manufacturer, but that is not significant to potential buyers.

What is of importance to buyers is the odds of getting problems.

First year productions and certain makes or models have more problems than other vehicles. Helping identify those makes, models and MY are what various forums and reliability sites like True Delta are useful for (not perfect).

one guy with a problem with a porsche is not a statistical average.

Subscribed.

I wish I had the time and inclination to make similar MFT videos. :D

Fantastic. Great memories!

Back