Who changes your Sport's oil? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Who changes your Sport's oil?

GSX-WE4

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
14 Explorer Sport
Do you take your Sport to the dealer or quick lube type places for oil changes. I was just wondering if there was anything unique about oil changes for a Sport compared to non turbo 3.5's.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Fortunately for me, my dealership gave me free oil changes for as long as I have my '14 Sport.

I do.

Don't have a Sport but have the same engine. My dealer does all the work on mine. For $39 I can't be bothered doing it myself. Also get a multi-point and alignment check plus a free vehicle wash and dry.

Peter

Changing the oil on the explorer is super easy. I want to thank Ford for making basic maintenance on this SUV user friendly. It was actually a large selling point vs the 4 runner we were considering.

I also noticed that servicing the radiator and the transmission looks to be a simple affair also.

dealer....$29.99 with inspection and tite rotation

Don't have a Sport but have the same engine. My dealer does all the work on mine. For $39 I can't be bothered doing it myself. Also get a multi-point and alignment check plus a free vehicle wash and dry.

Peter

They still require you to pay for the basic maintenance on a lease? O.O

Yes, most do. I'm on my 6th leased vehicle and only Toyota offered 3 free oil changes. Lincoln has offers that have free maintenance but the offers aren't always available. It is now but not when I got mine in April. I don't think it's a big deal, nice to have, but I'm sure you pay for it somewhere along the line.

Peter

Yes, most do. I'm on my 6th leased vehicle and only Toyota offered 3 free oil changes. Lincoln has offers that have free maintenance but the offers aren't always available. It is now but not when I got mine in April. I don't think it's a big deal, nice to have, but I'm sure you pay for it somewhere along the line.

Peter

Interesting... every time I've ever done the math on whether to buy or lease, I've assumed that leasing included basic maintenance, and always came out that buying worked out better for me. Good to know there's other costs in addition to gas and insurance with a lease.

Leasing is much like buying except that you don't pay the full price for the vehicle and here it also saves on the tax since the sales tax is only paid on your monthly payment instead of on the entire amount.

Peter

Peter

I always thought the "free" maintenance was included on any lease or purchase:

http://www.autonews.com/article/20130603/RETAIL05/306039982/lincoln-trims-free-maintenance

Welcome to the Forum adamjeeps.:wavey:
Coming over to see how the other side is doing, eh? I believe Lincoln in the U.S. offers the free maintenance package. That is what prompted me to call Lincoln Canada and they told me that it is offered from time to time. I spoke with my dealer as well and they said that even they are confused by the offers. Some times its for 2 year or 3 years or not at all. It is constantly changing.
I think that you'll find this forum quite a bit busier than the MKT one. The last post there was on the 16th.:)

Peter

Welcome to the Forum adamjeeps.:wavey:
Coming over to see how the other side is doing, eh? I believe Lincoln in the U.S. offers the free maintenance package. That is what prompted me to call Lincoln Canada and they told me that it is offered from time to time. I spoke with my dealer as well and they said that even they are confused by the offers. Some times its for 2 year or 3 years or not at all. It is constantly changing.
I think that you'll find this forum quite a bit busier than the MKT one. The last post there was on the 16th.:)

Peter

Ah, I didn't realize you were in Canada.
Yes, since our MKT's share quite a few parts with the Explorer I figure I'd gain as much knowledge as possible over here. The MKT forum is pretty quiet. The Flex forum is much more active. You've helped a few people by referencing posts on this site, so again I say thank you.

Adam

Do you take your Sport to the dealer or quick lube type places for oil changes. I was just wondering if there was anything unique about oil changes for a Sport compared to non turbo 3.5's.

I do my own. The only thing unique is that darn air duct. It must be removed and REPLACED every time to get at the filter. Not hard, just bothersome.

Hope you MKT boys have read the Lincoln Forum Pledge from Sal.

:biggthump

Peter

Back