Weathertech / Husky Front Floor Liners: 2014 mats will not fit 2015 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Weathertech / Husky Front Floor Liners: 2014 mats will not fit 2015

InspectorGadget

Reaction score
City, State
Northern CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2015 Explorer XLT
For anyone with a 2015 Explorer or one on order.

I called WeatherTech this morning to confirm part numbers for "DigiFit" floor & cargo liners for my 2015 on order. William in customer service advised that Ford has changed the front row floor area enough the 2014 mats will not fit. He advised that status shows the digital scans have been received and they are in design currently. If all goes well they may be available mid-August. If production issues arise may be December.

There are no changes to second or third row mats or the cargo mats however.

He had me put in a product request and said I will receive an email as soon as available.

Hope this helps anyone looking for mats.

- Willy

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

what could have changed to not allow them to fit?

Husky also does not yet have a listing for the 2015 Explorer. I guess the ones I was saving from my 2011 likely won't a 2016 model then either.:(

Peter

The guy I spoke to said the changed one of the dimensions in the drivers foot well. Not sure what.

Foot Well Size Change for 2015 Explorer

There was a post that Weather Teck Floor Liner has to change their Liner for 2015 Explorer due to Ford changed the footprint of the floor well. I stopped in at my local Ford dealer today to look at the 2014/2015 Explorer and see if I could see any difference between the two. The footrest on the 2015 is much smaller then on the 2014. Almost 1/3 smaller. I was looking at a 2015 Sport vs a 2014 Limited. Not sure why Ford has done this. Being 6'4" with a 13 wide shoe the 2014 has much more comfort in resting the left foot. I am hoping when my 2015 Limited comes in it will have a larger footrest and hoping the smaller footrest is only on the Sport model !

There was a post that Weather Teck Floor Liner has to change their Liner for 2015 Explorer due to Ford changed the footprint of the floor well. I stopped in at my local Ford dealer today to look at the 2014/2015 Explorer and see if I could see any difference between the two. The footrest on the 2015 is much smaller then on the 2014. Almost 1/3 smaller. I was looking at a 2015 Sport vs a 2014 Limited. Not sure why Ford has done this. Being 6'4" with a 13 wide shoe the 2014 has much more comfort in resting the left foot. I am hoping when my 2015 Limited comes in it will have a larger footrest and hoping the smaller footrest is only on the Sport model !

Bertman
I am waiting for my 2015 Ex XLT. When I spoke to WeatherTech I was told the change applied to all 2015's. As long as they fit my XLT I'll be happy.

Smaller footwell footrest on 2015 Explorer

Does anyone know why the footrest on the drivers side is half the size on the 2015 compared to the 2014. doesn't make anysence why Ford changed the size of the drivers footrest. On the 2014 your entire foot was able to fit on the rest and now only half my foot is able to !:thumbdwn:

Received update from WeatherTech floor Digital Liners

I was told that the WeatherTech Digital liners will be ready mid-September for the 2015 Explorer front row. The Second and Third row has not changed.:usa:

Husky is also working on this at the moment but is unable to provide a availability date. I'll be interested to see if WeatherTech will modify its liners to provide coverage right up to the door sill like the current Husky liners do. That would be a nice improvement.

Peter

Interesting. In my '15 I've already made a mental note that there's just not enough room for my left foot, so it wanders from place to place. Not a huge deal, because overall it's quite comfortable, but it perplexes me nonetheless.

Tony

I picked up my 2015 Ford Explorer Sport 7/25/2014 and set the Weather Tech Floor Liners from my 2013 Ford Police Interceptor Utility on the front floor boards. They fit so I'm not what changes Weather Tech is making.

I picked up my 2015 Ford Explorer Sport 7/25/2014 and set the Weather Tech Floor Liners from my 2013 Ford Police Interceptor Utility on the front floor boards. They fit so I'm not what changes Weather Tech is making.

According to Weathertech it has something to do with the size of the foot rest area being smaller and I believe someone posted a verification as well. Weathertech also confirmed as of Friday the new mats will not be available till sometime in Sept.

We just picked up our 2015 X Sport this weekend. We'd ordered the Weathertech liners for a 2014 a few weeks ago and sure enough, they don't fit. There was quite a gap between the foot rest and the liner so it appears that they moved the foot rest forward. That probably explains why it's not as wide as previously mentioned. There's not a lot of real estate to play with there.

Welcome to the Forum Sinister-CO.:wavey:
Do the passenger and 2nd row mats fit okay in the 2015? I have a set of Husky 1st & 2nd and cargo mats that I took out of my 2011 hoping to be able to use them in a 2016.

Peter

The second row and third row fit nicely. I'll check the passenger side later on and let you know. Maybe I'll try to get a pic of the drivers side too, so you guys can see the difference.

Okay, so I checked the passenger side and it fits nicely. No changes over there. I took a couple of pics of the drivers side, but they're not the best for seeing the difference. Guess I should have bought a 3D camera. :) Anyway, there's probably a three inch gap where the footrest is. Thinking back to when we were test driving previous year models, it does seem more spacious down there. I hadn't noticed before.

2014-07-28_19.55.31_(Medium).jpg

2014-07-28_19.55.54_(Medium).jpg

Here is what my Husky liner looked like in the Ex. The big difference seems to be that the Husky covers the carpet right to the door sill. I guess I'll have to wait and see if there might be any further changes in the 2016. Thanks for posting the pics.

Peter

Attachments

• P8010215a.jpg
    P8010215a.jpg
    150.1 KB · Views: 1,000

Looks like the Husky liners for the 2015 are now available. I'm putting an order in so I'll let you know when I get them.

Just checked out the Husky site and they look good. Glad to see that they kept that lip that covers the carpet right to the door sill. I wonder if WeatherTech will modify theirs to do the same. Nothing yet on their site.That extra covering is great for Winter time and is the main reason I went with Husky for both the Explorer and MKT.

Peter

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I just ordered as well.

Back