SOHC Intake Manifold Torque Specifications | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

SOHC Intake Manifold Torque Specifications

rgonz26

Reaction score
City, State
West Hills, California
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 Explorer Sport
Anybody know what the intake manifold (upper and lower) torque specs are on a 4.0L SOHC?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

For an 02 from Autozone Repair Guide. Go to Autozone and sign up and you can look at the repair guide.

To install:

NOTE
Ford does not specify a sequence for either upper or lower intake manifolds, but it is recommended that you start tightening in the middle and work your way out to the ends. Repeat the tightening sequence several times until the bolts will no longer turn at the specified torque.

Install the lower intake manifold. Torque the bolts to 10 ft. lbs. (13 Nm) for 2000, and 13 ft. lbs. (18 Nm) for 2001.
Position the upper manifold on the lower manifold.
Install or connect the following:

Attach both VMV hoses to the manifold Upper manifold attaching bolts. Torque the bolts to 62 inch lbs. (7 Nm).

http://www.autozone.com/autozone/re...epairGuideContent.jsp?pageId=0996b43f802e3ac4

For an 02 from Autozone Repair Guide. Go to Autozone and sign up and you can look at the repair guide.

To install:

NOTE
Ford does not specify a sequence for either upper or lower intake manifolds, but it is recommended that you start tightening in the middle and work your way out to the ends. Repeat the tightening sequence several times until the bolts will no longer turn at the specified torque.

Install the lower intake manifold. Torque the bolts to 10 ft. lbs. (13 Nm) for 2000, and 13 ft. lbs. (18 Nm) for 2001.
Position the upper manifold on the lower manifold.
Install or connect the following:

Attach both VMV hoses to the manifold Upper manifold attaching bolts. Torque the bolts to 62 inch lbs. (7 Nm).

http://www.autozone.com/autozone/re...epairGuideContent.jsp?pageId=0996b43f802e3ac4

What about 2002? Thanks purevenom1 but this is another reason why I try to stay away from Autozone. They are just too unreliable for me.

NP. That was for an 02 Explorer Sport. Pretty much the same that is in my Haynes manual that stops in 01.

I know this is an old thread but been trying to find the torque specs., on my 2010 4.0L sohc lower intake manifold bolts found the upper torque but can't find anything specific covering the 2010 4.0L, Anybody know where to find them or know off the top of their head?

TIA

What about 2002? Thanks purevenom1 but this is another reason why I try to stay away from Autozone. They are just too unreliable for me.
Haha, I signed up for an account to get the manual, and got a “we don’t have a manual for you@ notice. Oops!

Attachments

• 3526E6A7-308A-481A-9CEE-0EED9256881B.png
    3526E6A7-308A-481A-9CEE-0EED9256881B.png
    124.4 KB · Views: 479

Back