31's stock height? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

31's stock height?

I have a 99 explorer 2wd at stock height. The tires on it are 235/75 R15. I would like to put 31's on it but will they fit without scrubing? I looked at stickys max tire size and he said yes 31's will fit my 99 explorer. Are there any other options and if so what are they. If any of you have pictures of a 99 explorer at stock height with 31's that would be great and other sizes. Im sure there is a thread on this already with pics but lm new and still learning the site. Any and all help is appreciated.

Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

IMO unless you're offloading you'd probably be happier with a 30x9.5
Unless you just really want a bigger tire. A 31 will fit just fine

No off-roading for me. Just wanting a little bigger tire for looks. I have stock 15in rims so would the 30x9's or 265\75's fit without any trouble?

Yeah, I use to run a 30x9.5 AT and loved it. But went to a 31x10.5 now, and probably something skinnier next. 10.5 is just a little too wide IMO
Does look good :D

I put 31x10.5 on my truck and I was able to go full lock with no rubbing at all. Looked killer too, way better than the wimpy stockers.
photo_1%201_zpse0znpfd6.jpg

Here's mine with 31s stock height.

C9d1QyOl.jpg

Honestly, if you're not offroading, don't bother just for the look. It throws of your speedo, messes with the transmission shifts and burns more gas.

If you really want them, make sure you have at least 3.73 gearing.

Here's 31s lifted with a TT and Shackles:

xtxaTFXl.jpg

I ran 31x11.50 with no lift for years and no rubbing. Had to do some trimming when I went with 15x8.5 wheels.

Too bad you don't live close to me. I just bought a 99' Explorer 4dr 4wd. It came with 31's. I'd prefer stock size tires.

I've ran 30-9.5x15 BigHorns on my 91 Navajo for 3years with no problems.
Will go to 32"s when I wear these out.
The 32's will fit.

Back