2nd gen 2001 sport front and rear axles 4.56 gears and lockers installed | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2nd gen 2001 sport front and rear axles 4.56 gears and lockers installed

I have a set of axles with 4.56 gears and lock rite lockers installed from my 2001 explorer sport. I did a solid axle swap to 1 ton axles, these axles are fine. Asking $750 plus shipping. Why mess around installing gears and lockers when you can just swap out the axle housings. I have some spare CV shafts that go with the axles.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

hey i am interested in these. would these work on a 2000 mountaineer? PM me

Do you still have these?

Dersch, yes they will.

Fiftyfeetup, I still wanna make it up there and check out your truck sometime. I'm in the middle of my SAS as well. I know you said the one fender was craked but do you still have them by chance? My tires stick out about 3.5" so covering them is a must.

yes I haven't sold anything. I also have the front end lift kit (minus one knuckle) if anyone wants it. Sorry I haven't been keeping up with this I've been working a ton of hours lately and haven't had time to do anything. In a couple days I'll rotate onto a midnight shift and I'll be hard to get ahold of again.

My truck is still in my barn from last winter- no shocks or front driveshaft installed yet, may need to pull the steering gear off and move it a little bit- I think it's going to hit the pitman arm. It drives, steers and stops though!

Sent you a PM on the front lift. I can pick up I'm just up in Erie

Interested in front and rear. Where do you live??

Also did you use the limited slip rear differential or the open differential

the rear was an open rear diff until I put the locker in it. I sold the front axle already. Someone else is trying to buy the lift kit and skid plate so if you want it you might want to come get it before he does. I'm working an evening shift so you'd have to come down in the morning.

sold front axle

I have sold the front axle/ocker/gears to Mounty71.

I know you said you sold The front axle. But do you know what the part number for the locker was. Thanks scott

I have sold the front axle/ocker/gears to Mounty71.

I know this thread is a little dated, but do you happen to still have the rear? If so, I'd be interested in a quote with shipping to residential 30281. It's exactly what I need for my jeep project. Thanks

I know you said you sold The front axle. But do you know what the part number for the locker was. Thanks scott

I believe it was a powertrax 2311 LR should be dana 35, 27 spline, reverse rotation if I remember correctly. Might want to call power trax and verify that. Make some limiting straps out of heavy chain and limit front travel severely or you will break cv shafts constantly. best money I ever spent was putting lockers in, goes anywhere.

I know this thread is a little dated, but do you happen to still have the rear? If so, I'd be interested in a quote with shipping to residential 30281. It's exactly what I need for my jeep project. Thanks

I only have a couple hours to spare each week, if you take the time and figure out the shipping, give me $250 and pay shipping you can have it. We'll have to organize pickup around my schedule. It has a 4.56 ring and pinion (Richmond I think) and power trax lock rite locker. there's a small nick out of one tooth on the ring gear from break in- I put 40,000 miles on it afterwards- it works great. The locker works great. I would replace the axle seals, it's a 13 year old axle. You'll have to weld spring perches and shock tabs on if you are putting it under a jeep. PM me if you want

I only have a couple hours to spare each week, if you take the time and figure out the shipping, give me $250 and pay shipping you can have it. We'll have to organize pickup around my schedule. It has a 4.56 ring and pinion (Richmond I think) and power trax lock rite locker. there's a small nick out of one tooth on the ring gear from break in- I put 40,000 miles on it afterwards- it works great. The locker works great. I would replace the axle seals, it's a 13 year old axle. You'll have to weld spring perches and shock tabs on if you are putting it under a jeep. PM me if you want

Oh man, I just realized where you're located.. I think shipping would kill the deal :(

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hey everyone, I'm the one who bought the front axle. I'm wondering if anyone is still interested in it. I'm thinking about taking my truck in a different direction now and probably won't be using this axle anymore. PM me if you're interested.

Back