Mustang Steering Wheel fit Explorer? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Mustang Steering Wheel fit Explorer?

BonesDT

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Westchester, NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
Red '99 Sport SOHC 4x4

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The 94- Mustang wheels are supposed to work, just note the Mustang emblem on most of the air bag. I found a 2000 Explorer leather wheel for $25, just keep looking.

the fr500 wheel matches the factory black column and air bag pretty well. the fr500 is exta comfortable as it is about 3 times as thick as the factory x wheel

I'm starting to realize the steering wheel does not come with the black center piece that says "Cobra". I guess this is part of the air-bag. I kind of liked that Cobra center piece.

I'm starting to realize the steering wheel does not come with the black center piece that says "Cobra". I guess this is part of the air-bag. I kind of liked that Cobra center piece.

also, ive seen some good deals on the fr500 wheel on ebay. around 150 if i remember right. and you are correct the air bag and the cruise switches, as well as the rear plastic trim all needs to be transfered over from your old wheel.

Back