Truck died while driving and won't start | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Truck died while driving and won't start

sissy25

Reaction score
City, State
Bend,Oregon
Year, Model & Trim Level
1991 2.3L Ford Ranger
Not sure if this is in the right place. If not, I am sorry. Anyway, while driving, my 1991 ford ranger (2.3L twin plug) just died on me and had to be towed home. Plenty of fuel, new fuel filter but it doesn't seem top be getting any spark. Could it be the ignition module and where the heck is that on this engine. :(

Not familiar with your vehicle at all, but if its cap and rotor start with that. Maybe coil pack if that's what it has. I would do more research for you but I'm on my cell phone.

Looks to be coil. I would try that first. You can always get a spark tester for a few bucks at AutoZone to test first.

Not sure if this is in the right place. If not, I am sorry. Anyway, while driving, my 1991 ford ranger (2.3L twin plug) just died on me and had to be towed home. Plenty of fuel, new fuel filter but it doesn't seem top be getting any spark. Could it be the ignition module and where the heck is that on this engine. :(
I once had that engine in a Capri, and yes the trouble
could indeed be the ignition module. They were failure
prone.
It's located on the front end of the intake manifold,
toward the radiator on the driver's side. An aluminum
box a few inches square (or rectangular). Can't miss it.

Back