Heater not working?? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Heater not working??

Reaction score
City, State
Hazleton, IN
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 Explorer Sport Trac
Hey everyone! I have a 2002 Sport Trac 4X4, 4.0L and cannot get the heater to work! With it being so hot here in Indiana until recently, I had not had to use it, but I can crank the dial all the way to full heat and it does not change temp at all in the cab??
I have checked to make sure the coolant is full, but that's about it. Was needing some advise on where to start...
Thanks!!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I was really hoping that someone would have some basic info, etc on this issue?? Guess I'll just start at the switch, but am not sure how it operates the ventwork?? If ANYONE has any guess to where I should start, please let me know :)

I sent you the complete diagnosis from the 2002 manual. Post back with questions and/or findings. Check the knob to be sure it's actually turning the control and not slipping.

heater not working

I was really hoping that someone would have some basic info, etc on this issue?? Guess I'll just start at the switch, but am not sure how it operates the ventwork?? If ANYONE has any guess to where I should start, please let me know :)

I have the same problem, don't know where to start. I can't find anything in the owners manual under the fuse section for a fuse that powers the actuator. I have an 07 sport trac. There is no clicking sound indicating a bad actuator, don't really want to pull the actuator just to find out its not getting power.
Help please
Jack

2002 Sport Trac - no heat

A few things first.... Does the fan work, but only blow cool air? do both heater core hoses feel different temperatures? Did you look behind your glove box and watch your blend air door on the right side move as you moved the heat control? If so, you may have a blocked heater core. Buy a flush solvent and in-line flush kit and flush it out. Run it a while with the solvent in it until you feel heat blowing again. Just did this this week in my 2002 Sport Track and it worked great. Utube has a video showing unblocking a heater core with a garden hose technique. I just figured, might as well flush the entire system while I was at it.

Back