The transmission fluid level keeps dropping in my 1993 Aerostar. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

The transmission fluid level keeps dropping in my 1993 Aerostar.

RoadwarriorSr

Reaction score
City, State
San Diego, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
93 Ford Arostar 3.0
Sorry I'm not coming in with Explorer or other needs, but I'm trying to help a friend without a computer. He has a 93 Ford Aerostar 3.0 and swears the transmission oil keeps going down and engine oil keeps going up. There are no leaks on the ground. We are both excellent mechanics and don't think this is possible, but he swears it's happening. Anyone think this is possible or heard of it? Thanks so much. Jim San Diego

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thanks

Thanks for the help. I haven't posted to forums much and don't know my way around. Appreciate it.

Is this modulator something that could let trany oil into the motor? Again, there's no leaks on the ground.

Thanks Brooklyn . . . I'll let my friend know.

BrooklynBay, thank you for asking and following up. I don't yet know what the status of that fix is. My friend and I do not see each other very often. He's really struggling financially, works a midnight shift and is taking care of his 88 year old mother. No computer, no cell phone. I only communicate with him about once a month, if that. I'll keep in touch and will let you know when I hear the outcome. I'll check with him in a couple of weeks. I would think he needs to get that fixed so he doesn't waste the motor. I need to tell you that he was elated to receive the tip and was very thankful.

:salute:

Yes,my `93 4.0 was sucking tranny fluid thru the vacuum modulator into the engine for a long time before I caught it.
don-ohio :)^)

Back