• Register Today It's free!

Toyo Tires?

mustang6878

Reaction score
City, State
Iowa
Year, Model & Trim Level
'10 Sport Trac Limited
My 2003 Trac is about ready for new skins. I now am running Cooper Discovery HT, but my tire guy is trying to have me look at the Toyo Open Country HT in 235/70/16.

I have no info on them but what i read online. People either love them or hate them...what say you? I am 90% on paved roads, we get some pretty good snow in Iowa.

Your thoughts?
open-country-ht-highway-all-season-tires

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Try building the tire on tirerack.com and you can compare it to others and see all the performance ratings.

I have Firestone destination a/t on mine and so far with 5,000 mi on them i like them no noise at all.

I absolutely love my Toyo AT2s on my F350. Only tires that will last on the big trucks. Great traction, low noise and look good. I've always heard good things about Toyo and Nitto (same company).

2526FB22-E0C0-4585-8A83-6A3689948384_zpsomgnhw7k.jpg

My 2003 Trac is about ready for new skins. I now am running Cooper Discovery HT, but my tire guy is trying to have me look at the Toyo Open Country HT in 235/70/16.

I have no info on them but what i read online. People either love them or hate them...what say you? I am 90% on paved roads, we get some pretty good snow in Iowa.

Your thoughts?
I have Toyo O/C H/T (225/65R17) on my escape and I am very pleased with the handling and comfort. 60,000 mile warranty, and seem to be doing better than the Michelins that were on it new.

Toyo open country tires are tried and true, the only downside to them is that it seems like every person who owns a vehicle that isn't a car seems to run them, so they have a little bit of a "everybody has them" factor. But if that doesn't matter to you, give them a try!

Your thoughts?
I spent about 10 years in the tire business (got out of it in 02) and at that time Toyo in my opinion was the best tire on the market and I have seen nothing since then to change my mind about them. If it seems like everyone is running them that surely is a testament to their quality. If you want American made and American owned the only one left is Cooper. There are a lot of tires made in the US but the money all goes overseas except Cooper.

I spent about 10 years in the tire business (got out of it in 02) and at that time Toyo in my opinion was the best tire on the market and I have seen nothing since then to change my mind about them. If it seems like everyone is running them that surely is a testament to their quality. If you want American made and American owned the only one left is Cooper. There are a lot of tires made in the US but the money all goes overseas except Cooper.
FYI, the post you replied to is over 1.5 years old. That itself doesn't make your reply any less helpful although I would have suggested dedicated Winter tires if snow and cold are a concern. Also, Toyo now has well rated All Weather tire. I believe it is the Toyo Celcius (spelling?).

Peter

FYI, the post you replied to is over 1.5 years old. That itself doesn't make your reply any less helpful although I would have suggested dedicated Winter tires if snow and cold are a concern. Also, Toyo now has well rated All Weather tire. I believe it is the Toyo Celcius (spelling?).

Peter
Thanks for pointing the date out to me. I'm new member and didn't notice the date.

Back