Moab 2015 - May 22-24 | Page 13 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Moab 2015 - May 22-24

Thinking 630 to 7...waiting on dan to find temp living quarters in moab

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

We can be there before 6:30...

We can't do later as we need to head out of town to camp..let us know..thanks

Yep...I'll see if we can find birdy to bring along..

Haven't found Rick...

Already done some wheeling...

1wd :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 223

. [MENTION=10244]Ritsui[/MENTION] ..When do you think you will be arriving?

Moab update...8 of us for dinner at the Brewery.

We're staying the night in St. George. We will probably end up in Moab between 10 and 11am. Presuming we miss a driver's meeting, maybe someone can post what trail(s) are being run?

Heads up to everyone, for anyone wanting to do a run with everyone already here in moab, we will be meeting at City Market at 830 am in the parking lot.

Glasken/Blitz update

Just checking back for updates. Will be staying in the area, though not sure if we are arriving early friday morning or thursday evening. Staying through sunday.

Two stockers, one sport and one 4-door.

Is there a plan of attack for trails and leads? Or is that all being handled at a starting location?

...speaking of, where is the starting location? =)

Also have a pair of GoPros and some other camera gear if you want to have some shots made.

Glasken and I are down to one explorer for the weekend. Sport needs new tires before she can play. Countdown to departure: 1 hour 16 minutes!

I too brought all my camera gear to try and piece together a moab video for the forum so yes...the more the merrier!

We're staying the night in St. George. We will probably end up in Moab between 10 and 11am. Presuming we miss a driver's meeting, maybe someone can post what trail(s) are being run?

Seconded....leaving Tuba City around 5 which hopefully will put me in Moab around 8:30-9....do my best to make the drivers meeting....see you all in the morning!

Hitting the road...leaving Tuba City now

We are all here at City market, running a little late because Roberts rig is getting new wheel bearings so anyone running late we are still here :)

I'm sorry to say that I won't be able to join you guys on this run :(

Last month I had a gallbladder attack and it was recommended that I have it removed. I had the attack while on small run at Truck Haven and I had to drive 4 hrs back. I drove straight to the closest hospital to our house in incredible pain.

Since then I hadn't had any further issues, and I thought I would be fine for this trip. Most importantly, Char was going to join me and if something did happen, she would have been able to drive me back to AZ. Well Char's health has been very poor, in fact she has a surgery scheduled for the middle of June, and she decided that she couldn't make the run at the last minute.

I had one last hope, We were supposed to be going to Moab with a local Jeep friend of ours and a couple of his friends. I figured if worse came to worst one of them could have driven me home. Well yesterday morning I went to his place in Wickenburg with the Pumpkin all loaded and ready to go... he bailed and couldn't make the run:banghead:

I just do not want to risk being 9 hours from home and having to be admitted to some small town hospital in the middle of nowhere.

My most sincere apologies to all. Believe me there is nowhere else I would rather be at this moment than in Moab with you!

I sent a care package to Kris and Russ by Priority Express, there will be goodies for all drivers at Saturday's dinner:chug:

Have a great safe trip. Char and I will be with you in thought that's for sure.

BTW, I will suck it up and have the surgery so that there will be no excuses for the 20th anniversary next year. Yes, I'm a wimp when it comes to this... 53 years young and never been under the knife before:eek:

Rick the most important thing is y'alls health so get that taken care of before. We will miss you for sure, but we know we will see y'all next year for 20th! We're all working together to make this fun for everyone so no need to worry :) keep us updated and we will see y'all next year!!!

I'm 10 miles out you still going to be there?

Blitz and I have arrived in Moab, we are currently eating breakfast at Jailhouse Cafe. We will probably do a trip to Arches before finding a campsite in the dunes. Meeting time tomorrow morning, same time and place as today?

Are there any plans for this evening?

Looking forward to meeting everyone =)

We are planning on doing fins and things this afternoon. If y'all can't make it, we are meeting at City market in town at 830 in the morning

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Sorry Rick. Hope you feel better soon. No need to live with the pain. Get the surgery ASAP.

Back