Stic-o's F-250 Super Duty Crew Cab Lariat 4WD | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Stic-o's F-250 Super Duty Crew Cab Lariat 4WD

Interesting. I thought with the vacuum hubs, you couldn't run just any lockout.. OR does it not have vacuum hubs?

What radio does it have in it? Has the dash been cut up for a double din yet?

Yes you can. You just plug the vacuum line. I have a broken one anyway

Factory in dash 6 disc. Works perfect. Never changed. I plan to swap to a double din however.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Tow mirrors installed:thumbsup:

Attachments

• 20140410_072042.jpg
    20140410_072042.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 3,628

Hubs..:D

Because I know Tom is curious.

Also passed smog today with flying colors. It's runs clearer then a prius!

Attachments

• 20140419_143618.jpg
    20140419_143618.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 465

Zukman donated an old light bar to the project. With a little modification should work perfect.:thumbsup:

Knew there was a reason, I didn't get rid of the 6x9 KC's off JP:D

Attachments

• light bar.jpg
    light bar.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 432

Zukman donated an old light bar to the project. With a little modification should work perfect.:thumbsup:

Knew there was a reason, I didn't get rid of the 6x9 KC's off JP:D

Those lights have been passed around over the years :D

Those lights have been passed around over the years :D

Uh oh...he found out:D

Let's see your Ex, then Matt had them and was going to put them on his Ranger, but they were to deep, so I traded him for my old skinny 5" lights. Then they we're on jp for a while.

I just started cleaning then up a reshaping one. I guess your not spose to use them as bump stop in the ditches at night. :(

I won them originally at one of the first Truckhaven Explorer Forum runs. I still have round spots with matching covers on the roof.

With the help of a helper (she held it in place while I tagged it in place:thumbsup:)

Got it mounted. Still need to wire up the lights.

Attachments

• Helper.jpg
    Helper.jpg
    115.1 KB · Views: 384
  • light bar2.jpg
    light bar2.jpg
    109.1 KB · Views: 383

Some Bozo (probably drunk) Ran into the F250 while it was on the street last night at 2am :fire:

It was a hit and run, hate to see the the other , not even sure how he drove away. Pushed the truck back about 2ft. Never touched the body, but broke the driver side knuckle:(

Attachments

• Broken.jpg
    Broken.jpg
    149 KB · Views: 379
  • Broken2.jpg
    Broken2.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 361

Is that a wheelwell liner on the ground from the other vehicle?

Is that a wheelwell liner on the ground from the other vehicle?

yeap! Already cross referenced the part numbers on it.:D Was a White 98-01 Honda Accord. Now to go hunting in my neighborhood;)

I'm surprised there isn't a trail of leaking fluid. Did they hit into the driver tire with their driver side corner?

Did the other car go straight under the bumper or did it just hit the outside tire ?? Its hard to tell where it hit, but it sure did damage:eek:

Sorry to see this Steve:(

Found out it got side swiped. Neighbor saw the whole thing. PD did a report and turns out the driver was nice enough to leave his license plate on the ground:D

Wow.

Hit and run? Make damn sure they do not report the car that hit your truck as stolen..

Jeez man...that's crazy. What a way to cap off your weekend:thumbdwn:

Found out it got side swiped. Neighbor saw the whole thing. PD did a report and turns out the driver was nice enough to leave his license plate on the ground:D

Hope the owner has insurance. They can only prosecute the driver if your neighbor can actually identify who was behind the wheel at the time of the collision. Owner is liable for damages to your vehicle.

You sure its only the knuckle? I wonder if it pushed the entire left side back? That is a heck of a hit. Sucks.

Hope the owner has insurance. They can only prosecute the driver if your neighbor can actually identify who was behind the wheel at the time of the collision. Owner is liable for damages to your vehicle.

You sure its only the knuckle? I wonder if it pushed the entire left side back? That is a heck of a hit. Sucks.

Leaf springs or the hangers don't look bent. Will not know for sure till they get it on a rack. I may try and locate it with some rachet straps. Then drag it on to level ground. Tow truck picks it up in the morning for the body shop which then goes through the ford dealer for the mechanical.

Now that I heard the whole story it looks like they just hit the tire. (Few scratches on the bumper that will rub out) It wasn't straight when I parked it, and was sticking out a bit. But for god sake I was already up on the curb for this very reason. It tire would have been straight. They probably would have just taken out the whole side of the truck.

My deductible is low, and truck has full coverage. I also have uninsured motorist, so if the insurance company gets anything back from it from the other side I'll get my deductible back....maybe:(

Leaf springs or the hangers don't look bent. Will not know for sure till they get it on a rack. I may try and locate it with some rachet straps. Then drag it on to level ground. Tow truck picks it up in the morning for the body shop which then goes through the ford dealer for the mechanical.

Now that I heard the whole story it looks like they just hit the tire. (Few scratches on the bumper that will rub out) It wasn't straight when I parked it, and was sticking out a bit. But for god sake I was already up on the curb for this very reason. It tire would have been straight. They probably would have just taken out the whole side of the truck.

My deductible is low, and truck has full coverage. I also have uninsured motorist, so if the insurance company gets anything back from it from the other side I'll get my deductible back....maybe:(

Cool. Its always a good thing to be well insured. You never know when some jackass will run into you. At least they don't have to try to match the paint.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

So truck is at the body shop and should head over to Ford Monday where they will replace the driver side knuckle, hub bearing, ball joints and outer tie rod. Also all new front bumper and valance. I've also asked for the old bumper back as a spare since all it has is scuff marks on it. Should be done by next weekend, unless something else comes up. Total bill= $3k :eek:

Back